Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Another Williams False Dawn?

They have genuine pace. Jenson keeps going on about it and Claire Williams' body language in the pits during the race, when she knew a great chance had slipped/was slipping through their fingers said much.

Look out for them next time - a track which will suit both car and drivers more.
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I am delighted that my scepticism has been proven wrong; in the first race at least....

I have been a Williams fan for 20 years and I have been disillusioned with F1 for a long time, but if Williams are racing I cannot help but watch!

I hope Williams don't waste the opportunity they have to do well in the early races before all the big money teams catch up! It'll be interesting to see how fast Massa is.
    \"My rights, my integrity, my very being as a car manufacturer, as an entrepreneur, as the leader of the Ferrari works team, simply cannot work under the enormous machine, the suffocating bureaucracy, of the Ford Motor Company.\"-Enzo Ferrari 1963

Nigel Mansell: Enzo\'s last first choice!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

I think its clear Williams is fast, and I personally really like the look of Bottas. I was impressed with his out and out pace and the many moves he made of various cars. I cant wait to see how he and Massa get on in Malaysia.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

From what WIlliams say Bo77as is considerably faster than Massa and is being tipped as a future world champion, so I hope Williams can provide him with a winning car, so far things look good for them

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    From what WIlliams say Bo77as is considerably faster than Massa and is being tipped as a future world champion, so I hope Williams can provide him with a winning car, so far things look good for them
    We'll know the Williams of old is back if Bottas wins the WDC one year and then gets fired the next.

TBH, I think it's way too early to tell just how much promise the car has. So much is going to come down to luck and reliability this season, especially in the early part. I'm not a Williams fan (or a hater), but I'd like to see them do reasonably well and stick around.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

No Arrows to head for these days so after winning said WDC he has to partner Kobayashi at Caterham......
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

It was definitely fun to see Williams fighting toward the front again.

I think we would have gotten a much better idea of the William's potential if Massa had not gotten punted off so early. Bottas might be faster at this point, but I think later in the race and later in the season that Massa's experience will be a factor. Williams has a great combination with a blistering fast newcomer and an experienced old hand. I think they will be all right.

That, and the car sure looks good, but it needs some Martini stripes and signage on the sidepods.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    We'll know the Williams of old is back if Bottas wins the WDC one year and then gets fired the next.
    So true!!!
    \"My rights, my integrity, my very being as a car manufacturer, as an entrepreneur, as the leader of the Ferrari works team, simply cannot work under the enormous machine, the suffocating bureaucracy, of the Ford Motor Company.\"-Enzo Ferrari 1963

Nigel Mansell: Enzo\'s last first choice!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Or gets fired while leading the championship...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lowndes View Post
    So true!!!
    But is still wont be quite the same as the brilliant comedy moments we used to have watch a "0" car race for Williams