Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayden Paddon

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    What is a promes? I've googled it but I'm sure you do not mean anything to do with a Dutch born footballer who plays for Spartak Moscow?
    Lol, yes, I meant promise. Forgive my poor english

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Lol, yes, I meant promise. Forgive my poor english
    It's fine - Nornbugger doesn't speak english either!!! Also his Italian is terrible!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

3. Likes: AL14 (27th April 2016)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    It's fine - Nornbugger doesn't speak english either!!! Also his Italian is terrible!
    Un grande hawaiano si prega

Non è un problema

Un grande hawaiano si prega :-)

5. Likes: AL14 (28th April 2016),Mintexmemory (27th April 2016)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

Non è un problema

Molte bene - amico mio
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Non è un problema

LOL, your italian is very "PROMESing"

8. Likes: Nornbugger (28th April 2016)
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    We already know where we are. Paddon started sunday with a 30 seconds gap and finished with 12. Curb your enthusiasm, we are in front of a promes, not a reality. Still long way to go but yes, in the future he could be a real t[h]reat.
    By all means be critical, but Paddon had a 14+ second gap, not 12 seconds. And given that Ogier has significantly more experience at the top level of the sport and in this event specifically, Paddon's win over the world champ can easily be seen as a lot more than "promes", despite the Frenchman's reducing the lead by 16 seconds on the final day.

You're right that Paddon has much capacity to improve in the future. But as the power stage of Rally Argentina proved, it's clear he doesn't have such a "long way to go" as you say... no?

Or did I miss something?
    Last edited by ArtooDetoo; 28th April 2016 at 10:38. Reason: formatting

Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts
    Looking from Paddons point of view before last stage: He just lost 20 sec to Ogier on previous stage and got just couple seconds left... Seems like Ogier is pushing for the win... He had an argument with Ogier the day before... plenty of things to get stressed... and what happens? BOOM! He wins by 11sec.

What does that tell you about Paddon? Doesn't matter if he is not that experienced or fast enough yet... guy has guts... and he wants glory... and he achieved everything he wanted until now.

I think we are looking at future WRC champ (well if not, at least he'll make Ogier run for his money trying to become one).

11. Likes: ArtooDetoo (28th April 2016),Rallyper (28th April 2016),WUff1 (28th April 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtooDetoo View Post
    By all means be critical, but Paddon had a 14+ second gap, not 12 seconds. And given that Ogier has significantly more experience at the top level of the sport and in this event specifically, Paddon's win over the world champ can easily be seen as a lot more than "promes", despite the Frenchman's reducing the lead by 16 seconds on the final day.

You're right that Paddon has much capacity to improve in the future. But as the power stage of Rally Argentina proved, it's clear he doesn't have such a "long way to go" as you say... no?

Or did I miss something?
    Long or not there is still a way to go. whether it is long, short or a medium one we don't know, or it is just a matter of what are our standards of short and long ways.

I just wanted to point out to all the enthusiastic result-oriented people that their enthusiasm maybe was just too much... But that together with them I share the opinion (and the hope) that Paddon could be a threat (in the future).
    Luckily Paddon himself agree with me.

13. Likes: ArtooDetoo (28th April 2016)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    So enthusiastic over what Paddon achieved last Sunday is too much?? No, no, no it was absolutely a sensation knowing what Ogier done in the past for every PS.

For now we have to wait and see what´s coming next time in Portugal.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

15. Likes: AL14 (28th April 2016),ArtooDetoo (28th April 2016),janvanvurpa (28th April 2016)
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So enthusiastic over what Paddon achieved last Sunday is too much?? No, no, no it was absolutely a sensation knowing what Ogier done in the past for every PS.

For now we have to wait and see what´s coming next time in Portugal.
    On the other hand, Paddon was really concentrating on El Condor during his rally preparations and he knew how to take every corner of the stage. I'm not saying that this wasn't a great performance by Hayden, because it was, but I think he caught Ogier by surprise with this kind of driving. And this idea isn't exactly new because if I remember it right McRae and Makinen were also doing it by preparing one stage to drive it almost by heart.
    Anyway, I'm very happy that we may have another contender for a rally win. Before it was just Latvala if he hit a perfect mindset in the rally weekend, but the more fast drivers the better.

17. Likes: ArtooDetoo (28th April 2016),janvanvurpa (29th April 2016)