Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayden Paddon

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    dont you think that ogier used his tyres more on penultimate stage, and thats why he was not first on a power stage... its not regular to see ogier being so 'slow' on a PS.
    this.

i expected ogier to back off and go for 2nd place and win the powerstage. but it seems he tried to go for the win and destroyed his tyres while doing so.

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    HAKA welcomes back Hayden today in New Zealand airport => http://goo.gl/ABAoqO

3. Likes: dimviii (26th April 2016)
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Until Portugal, some will give microscopic analysis of Ogier's loss. Others will simply accept that Paddon has gotten closer to his wrc champ target.

Most of us will not recognize that in 24Apr2016, rallying changed forever. Ole Martin Lundefaret finally proved that a scientific approach to driving means faster times.

Rallying will never be the same.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    one reason is this,that Ogier had worst tyres,due to previous stage pushing hard

another reason could be that because at penaltumate stage Ogier gained 20 sec,thought that Paddon couldnt push more,just rated Paddons speed wrong,for the last stage.

another could be that Ogier had seen Paddons speed through 3 days,and didn t like to risk points for championships,because before some rallies he had lost points attacking at power stage while he was 1st(if i remember right)

imho last has the most possibilities,in conjuction with worn tyres.Dont forget that Ogiers good pace at power stages is due to he can afford to dont push at penaltumate stages, because almost always, he had big differences from 2nd,and his tyres were at better condition.Something that didnt happened at this rally.
    If I remember right, the drivers were on soft tyres at Sunday stages. Ogier can easily destroy them for ~40kms. IMO slower stage time than Sordo's means his tyres were shot, no sense to make stunning times at 2 stages and blew it on the PS.

Why do we discuss this in Paddon's thread?
    Last edited by Mintexmemory; 27th April 2016 at 09:14. Reason: remove confusing 'from' (would have meant Sordo had the slower time)
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

6. Likes: Mintexmemory (27th April 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mozesii View Post
    Until Portugal, some will give microscopic analysis of Ogier's loss. Others will simply accept that Paddon has gotten closer to his wrc champ target.

Most of us will not recognize that in 24Apr2016, rallying changed forever. Ole Martin Lundefaret finally proved that a scientific approach to driving means faster times.

Rallying will never be the same.
    no.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Could we maybe be happy about what happened, and agree it was the most important thing for the WRC in many years happening in Argentina. Paddon will progress for sure, but in a way I can agree with Mozesii that from now rallying maybe changes a bit, becoming more computerised in preparations...

However Paddons win was truly important for the sport even if only lasts until next event in Portugal.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    At just two and a bit seconds in arrears of Paddon - after starting the day ~30 seconds behind - it's not credible to assume that he wasn't trying on the power stage. That's not in Ogier's DNA. He pushed hard enough, he thought, to take the win. Why it wasn't sufficiently quick to beat Sordo isn't clear. But given the big win on the previous stage, then yes, it's possible his tyres were no longer up to it, or some other car-related malady restricted his performance.

But I have yet to see or hear anything that confirms such a scenario. Maybe Dani did a blinder himself? Maybe Seb made an error somewhere. Who knows? But Ogier himself credits Hayden's drive for his power stage win, not some outside agent that caused the Frenchman an issue. He thought he'd done enough and he was wrong.

That in itself tells me that Paddon has him rattled, and that the scale of the win was utterly unexpected. Without the road-sweeping excuse, the champ has had to face the fact that there's somebody out there who, head to head, can be more than his equal.

It's been a long time coming.
    Last edited by ArtooDetoo; 27th April 2016 at 07:38. Reason: punctuation

11. Likes: Rallyper (27th April 2016),smokingjoe (27th April 2016)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtooDetoo View Post

That in itself tells me that Paddon has him rattled, and that the scale of the win was utterly unexpected. Without the road-sweeping excuse, the champ has had to face the fact that there's somebody out there who, head to head, can be more than his equal.

It's been a long time coming.
    This.... Ogier will also recognise that HP does not have the mental fragility of Latvala nor the gung ho style of Meeke (always on the edge). Controlled speed and mentally tough - I hope it gives us some great fights - at least Haydon can rely on his road sweeper for the next 3-4 rallies!!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

13. Likes: ArtooDetoo (28th April 2016),Rallyper (27th April 2016)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    I am sure that Ogier wanted to win but he also have to think more long time then just this rally. For Ogier, too much or too aggressive attack on the final stage
    might cause him to have an off or hit a rock or something. So for Ogier settling for second might be a better idea then to try to get a few extra points.

Winning the wch title isn't about winning every rally and every stage, it is about being consistent and to know when it
    is appropriate to back off. Ogier was about 30 points ahead of the nearest competitor in the standings before Argentina
    but he is almost 40 points ahead after Argentina.No need to risk having an off when you have such a big lead so dropping
    a few points is beneficial for the greater good.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

15. Likes: cali (27th April 2016),EstWRC (27th April 2016),Mintexmemory (27th April 2016)