Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayden Paddon

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    What parts do you think can be reused?

Some small things perhaps. But even then only for customers and not for the factory cars, since they will never be able to guarantee their sturdiness again.

No, that car is a total write off. You can salvage perhaps a few grand on helmet nets, pencil holders and some elektrical buttons, but everything else will have had too much of an impact to use again.
    I think after Hirvonen's Fiesta burned in Sardegna 2014 Wilson himself said that it was the only way to "destroy" a modern rally car. That no matter how badly you'd crash it, most of the parts could still be reused.

Not claiming to be an expert on this, but it would require a huge impact and forces to affect the actual resistance values of a material.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

2. Likes: pantealex (29th July 2019)
    Liked 1,123 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I think after Hirvonen's Fiesta burned in Sardegna 2014 Wilson himself said that it was the only way to "destroy" a modern rally car. That no matter how badly you'd crash it, most of the parts could still be reused.

Not claiming to be an expert on this, but it would require a huge impact and forces to affect the actual resistance values of a material.
    As i said, which parts would you consider reliable enough to reuse for your official team? Which 100 of even 1000€ part is worth risking a dnf or even another crash?

Nothing from the engine, nothing from the transmission, nothing from the suspension, nothing from the bodywork, nothing from the safety features like foam, seats, harnesses, fire extinguisher, fuel tank or fuel pump.
    Most likely not even the bodyshell.

Not much remains.

Back in the old days they would refurbish parts and sell them to privateers. But since the new wrc era there are no privateers anymore to sell those cheaper parts.

4. Likes: Portimao (29th July 2019)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis View Post
    it reminds me of Lukyanuk and his test before Rally Finland, also M-Sport but old generation of Fiesta
    That was not half way as catastrophic as this one...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    That was not half way as catastrophic as this one...
    Umh, same outcome, a brand-new chassis was written off and he didn`t start the rally. Looks pretty similar also.
    https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...7912700008.jpg

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Umh, same outcome, a brand-new chassis was written off and he didn`t start the rally. Looks pretty similar also.
    Similar crash, but this happened to a way more fast and established WRC driver. So result/outcome much more devastating for everyone except maybe for drivers...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: Barreis (29th July 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    As i said, which parts would you consider reliable enough to reuse for your official team? Which 100 of even 1000€ part is worth risking a dnf or even another crash?
    And as I said, I don't claim to be an expert on this. This was the article with Wilson's comments I was referring to.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    much ''better'' condition.The expensive parts are in the front

11. Likes: aykutbilir (30th July 2019)

Nothing from the engine, nothing from the transmission, nothing from the suspension, nothing from the bodywork, nothing from the safety features like foam, seats, harnesses, fire extinguisher, fuel tank or fuel pump.
    Most likely not even the bodyshell.

Not much remains.
    engine and transmission why? they will be inspected/rebuild .Electrical parts like fuel pumps/wiring/sensors will be tested if they are ok.Also some mechanicals parts,like calipers,exhausts,turbo,manifolds,springs from suspensions etc.
    M sport has the ability and the equipment to check them properly.
    there are plenty of spares that can save even from such a crash.And they are not cheap.

13. Likes: Allez Andruet (30th July 2019),AnttiL (29th July 2019),cali (29th July 2019),Got Mail (29th July 2019),pantealex (29th July 2019),Rallyper (29th July 2019),TWRC (30th July 2019)
    wrc.com: The damage to the sump guard demonstrated the speed you’d hit the rock…
    HP: It was the biggest crash I’ve had, certainly the one with the highest speed. When we got out of the car, the sump guard is actually split in half. The rock we hit is still there with a load of aluminium on it.

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july...2--12-12-.html

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Janpro team has one ready for the rally. Sure it is entered for a privateer, but if enough cash would have exchanged hands, it might have been doable..