Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
I wanted to resurrect this thread because I've read this article about Paddon's coaching session at Le Mans Circuit.
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/septe...3--12-12-.html

But especially because this guy is in my opinion the real surprise of this season.
He is the only one that showed potential and in the meantime achieve some great results and improvements compared to last year.

He seems to me he is also a very clever guy with a cool head. He is not that kind of guy that wants all and soon. He is ambituous but smart enough not to ruin everything with haste to reach the level he wants to be.

And I also like all the works he is doing with his coaching sessions on tarmac and I am sure he will improve in this surface as well.

I think he should also improve his pacenote system which seems to me too much simplistic but I think he has the right mentality to be one or maybe the only interesting prospect in WRC at the moment.
The other could be Tanak but Paddon seems to me more clever and mature, even if in raw speed Tanak is a bit better in my opinion.

What do you think about?
I agree. Somehow I saw that coming when he signed Hyundai, of course 1st year is a learning year and now the "real" results begin to come. He seems very positive and dedicated driver with talent. That seems to be the whole package along with his methodical work. He also is not that slow on asphalt either, but perhaps Germany result was little disappointing for him.