Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayden Paddon

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts

Hayden Paddon

Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts

Re: Hayden Paddon

All the previous debate could be moved here as well
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts

Does it have a sense to have special thread for one driver? Especially when I think that there is lot of words about him now when he joined Hyundai, but is na future...

To Franky: It is not possible to move all talks from "news thread" here as the posts were made before first post on this thread.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Does it have a sense to have special thread for one driver? Especially when I think that there is lot of words about him now when he joined Hyundai, but is na future...

To Franky: It is not possible to move all talks from "news thread" here as the posts were made before first post on this thread.
    Well, one third of recents posts in News and Rumors is filled with Hayden talk. I and I belive that most of the readers would prefer to read only News and Rumors from that thread not to read pages of discussion about him. Many dirvers have had their own thread, he is the next.. lets see.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts

Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

As an Australian, it's pretty exciting to read that Paddon has some potential. I agree with solitt, on the other thread, about hiring guys who can win. You look at Chris Atkinson, he didn't even bother winning an Australian title, before thinking he could do WRC. Now, he's just a journeyman (Not that there's anything wrong with that...Well, maybe there is). Aside from driving, you've also got to learn how to kick arse.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts

Just a little point for You.

Loeb has never won national title, he even never tried. He did only Citroën Saxo Trophy which he won before he moved to JWRC (which he won on first attempt). Same goes for Ogier. He went to JWRC with only two seasons in Peugeot 206XS trophy (winner in 2007) followed by JWRC victory on first attempt in 2008. Tommi Mäkinen also never won a national title (only one gr.N class one but not overall) and the same goes for Juha Kankkunen or Walter Röhl, . The list of WRC champions who never won their homeland title is long and the fact that none of the most successful (Loeb, Mäkinen, Kankkunen) bothered with trying at home shows that it's relatively irrelevant and I tend to agree with the opinion that it's a waste of time for those who really want to become something and has a backing for it. Taking experience all around the world even in small car gives way more than driving at home.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

Dimitar Iliev won 9 times Bulgarian Rally title (looks like a decent record), but that didn't mean anything on international scene. Don't try to find any pattern in successful drivers, it is meaningless. The only fact that counts is one's personal ambition and abilities of course. I'm sure Paddon has the ambition, the abilities we can measure after at least 1 full season with WRC, if it only depends of his driving. No one has jumped in WRC and won right away, even Loeb.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Loeb has never won national title, he even never tried.
    I thought Loeb won the 2001 French Championship with the Xsara Kit Car
    but indeed I agree with that, many drivers had success at world level without winning anything in their country and especially vice versa.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

talk is now meaningless... it is good that a fast driver gets his chance... if he is the next Loeb is good for the sport if he is not the little kids will run back to their mommies...