Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    yeah for now the Opel R5 project is on hold...unfortunately..
    They don't have money for anything bigger as it seems.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    The Opel R5 is testing again, some said. But nothing more is clear in terms of future.
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    The Opel R5 is testing again, some said. But nothing more is clear in terms of future
    As far as I know Holzer is testing the car and is willing to continue the development (see R5 thread on the forum) But it's all about funding.
    Opel has done a damn good job in a very small amount of time; designing the Adam that is producing good results Right away and Opel has contracted top breed of talents Griebel, Zawada, Tannert and Bergkvist. With those four drivers you can build up a solid future plan, or Opel Motorsport will loose them. Having top talents in your team is one of the most valuable things to have nowadays.
    Last edited by Ounin; 13th August 2015 at 00:00.

4. Likes: Micke_VOC (14th August 2015),Rallyper (13th August 2015)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounin View Post
    As far as I know Holzer is testing the car and is willing to continue the development (see R5 thread on the forum) But it's all about funding.
    Opel has done a damn good job in a very small amount of time; designing the Adam that is producing good results Right away and Opel has contracted top breed of talents Griebel, Zawada, Tannert and Bergkvist. With those four drivers you can build up a solid future plan, or Opel Motorsport will loose them. Having top talents in your team is one of the most valuable things to have nowadays.
    On the other hand these drivers will stop somewhere in their development all the time driving just an Opel Adam. I fear some of them will loose their base in rallysport someday, they canīt only drive Opel Adam in their career. Opel Junior makes no sense without producing a R5 car in my opinion.

6. Likes: pantealex (13th August 2015)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    On the other hand these drivers will stop somewhere in their development all the time driving just an Opel Adam. I fear some of them will loose their base in rallysport someday, they canīt only drive Opel Adam in their career. Opel Junior makes no sense without producing a R5 car in my opinion.
    I bet Opel Junior makes a lot of sense for Emil Bergquist who can drive for free all around Europe, and gather very invaluable experience, even if he ends up with a different team later in his career.
    Opels Juniorteam and Adam Cup is a great contribution to the sport, and it would be even better if more manufacturers did the same. This way it would be easier to discover true talent, not only discover the "talents" with deep pockets.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

8. Likes: Mirek (13th August 2015),TWRC (13th August 2015)

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my words but with a "solid future plan" I indeed mean development of an R5 as necessary to keep them.

11. Likes: WUff1 (17th August 2015)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Unless you're building a WRC car then at some point you're always going to lose your most talented prospects. I think Opel have done a really nice job at getting a junior ladder set up outside of the WRC.

I can't see a guy like Bergqvist progressing further without going through an R5 on WRC events - so naturally that would be the next logical step for Opel. But if that programme is not properly funded then there's not really any point. You're not really helping the driver then.

I was really impressed by the Opel guys at the Circuit of Ireland and I'm looking forward to seeing them again next week in Germany.

13. Likes: WUff1 (17th August 2015)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounin View Post
    Any photo or video of the Opel R5 prototype?

Having the technical support from Opel, why can Holzer fund the R5 project itself by selling cars to private teams? MSport has been doing it for years!

Even if Opel officialy doesn't be abble to enter WRC2 or ERC, european importers should be pleased to have a competitive car to rally in their national championships.
    Rally addict since 1982

15. Likes: Rallyper (17th August 2015)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    No photo/video anywhere, if there was something, it should be somewhere on the web. Even when logan s2000 was in the development, guys found it and put it on the internet. It's hard to believe in this kind of stories without any evidence...