Page 62 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    Yes, at least the half of all racedrivers has a family background in motorsport. Some fathers/mothers/whoever were more successful, others less. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much talents...
    In Rallycross it is a bit extreme at the moment though. Johan Kristoffersen, Robin Larsson, Hansen & Hansen, Eriksson, Grönholm are all young sons of prominent ex-rallycrossers. Of course Mathias Ekström and Liam Doran are also sons of rallycrossers, while mediocore talent Anton Marklund drives in his fathers team...

The Euro RX looks more interesting this year in my opinion. A variety of cars and interesting drivers. Hopefully they actually get some coverage this year as the heats and finals are now seperated from the world rx.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Eriksson, Hansen and Hansen are proven to be pretty good though (although no doubt daddy's wallet plays a part), Larsson and Kristoffersen are also solid RX drivers. Just because someone's dad did a sport does not mean that they are no good. Take Valentino Rossi, his dad was a motorcycle racer. Colin McRae, his dad was a rally driver. Both of these have surpassed the achievements of their fathers. Yes there are a lot of rallycross drivers who followed their father into the sport, but arguably that's because it's not as straightforward or easy to get into as other forms. My nearest kart circuit is 20 minutes drive, the nearest car circuit is 2 hours, my nearest rallycross circuit is 5 hours away. I can name loads of race circuits in the UK but can only name 4 RX circuits, so clearly it's just not as widespread a sport.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

3. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (19th March 2016),pantealex (20th March 2016)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    The Solberg Clan is also coming into motorsports higher levels.
    Pontus, Oscar and Oliver are climbing the ladder!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Eriksson, Hansen and Hansen are proven to be pretty good though (although no doubt daddy's wallet plays a part), Larsson and Kristoffersen are also solid RX drivers. Just because someone's dad did a sport does not mean that they are no good. Take Valentino Rossi, his dad was a motorcycle racer. Colin McRae, his dad was a rally driver. Both of these have surpassed the achievements of their fathers. Yes there are a lot of rallycross drivers who followed their father into the sport, but arguably that's because it's not as straightforward or easy to get into as other forms. My nearest kart circuit is 20 minutes drive, the nearest car circuit is 2 hours, my nearest rallycross circuit is 5 hours away. I can name loads of race circuits in the UK but can only name 4 RX circuits, so clearly it's just not as widespread a sport.
    I did not say anything about their quality as a rallycross driver. It is just weird that the drivers I saw racing in the '90s and '00s now have their sons racing. Also interesting to see that all the sons (except Doran) are Swedes. Perhaps it has something to do with their culture/interest at the moment.

6. Likes: janvanvurpa (21st March 2016)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    I did not say anything about their quality as a rallycross driver. It is just weird that the drivers I saw racing in the '90s and '00s now have their sons racing. Also interesting to see that all the sons (except Doran) are Swedes. Perhaps it has something to do with their culture/interest at the moment.
    Grönholm is only swedish speaking not Swede.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Grönholm is only swedish speaking not Swede.
    Not entirely correct. Marcus is half Swedish (or Finland Swede if you wish) since his mother is Swedish so that would make his son at least 1/4 Swedish.
    So Finnish nationality but with a Swedish heritage.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

10. Likes: pantealex (22nd March 2016)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Topi announced as driving alongside Ekstrom at EKSRX. Sounds like Ekstrom himself won't be doing every round, hopefully they get someone decent to sit in for him when he can't make it.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Liam to JRM.

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    [QUOTE=Arnold Triyudho Wardono;1085649]Liam to JRM.l
    /QUOTE]

And in a 2.0 MINI !!