Page 4 of 277 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 316 Times in 181 Posts

Re: World Rallycross Championship a.k.a RALLYX

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    the FIA will not allow a rival series to develop to the point where it can rival the designated World Championship, unless the FIA are unhappy with the existing World Championship.
    Not sure I agree with this. Technically (as you say) a rivalling series can not be names "world championship".
    However there is nothing stopping a rivalling series naming themselves "Global RallyX series".
    I have a hard time seeing that FIM would have the legal right to forbid another series.

I know of at least similar cases, one being the BSI/FIM vs. One Sport/Fim-Europe.
    The first pair is trying to prevent riders from riding in both but since most of the riders is EU citizens
    and all except one of the races (3 out of 4) is in the European Union, I don't think it is legal.
    The matter have yet to be decided mainly because FIM constantly is going back and forward
    with the matter. First saying they will impose a ban on riders who do both then backing
    from that statement saying that riders will will able to both and now again they have decided
    that riders should not be allowed to do both.

The other case is between Swedish Car sports federation (SBF) and Swedish Authority konkurrensverket.

SBF tried to ban it's licensed members and volunteers from participating in events organized by
    rivalling motorsport federation Motorsportalliansen. This ultimately went to court and the matter was
    eventually decided by Marknadsdomstolen which ruled that any form of ban on the drivers or
    any form of "loyalty" clauses connected to heavy fines if violated, were not legal meaning that
    the drivers are free to drive for whoever/wherever/whenever they want.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

It is common for the governing body of a sporting discipline to have that power. They are recognised as the ruling authority around the world, and that is where the power cones from. Yes, a rival series can start up, but they will struggle to get recognition without the FIA's backing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi
    The Aussie v8 Supercars have also been to China and Bahrain. The drivers don't like it so much as they only have a small airfreighted container of spares.
    Where they have been is not the point - *when* they went is. You will notice that they only go to a certain number of international events because of the rules set out by the FIA.

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts

"Volkswagen Motorsport has agreed on an exclusive three-year partnership for the FIA World Rallycross Championship with Swedish Rallycross team Marklund Motorsport. By signing the current Global Rallycross champion Toomas “Topi” Heikkinen (FIN) as their lead driver, Marklund Motorsport have impressively underlined their ambitions in the World Rallycross Championship. "

http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/in ... id=812&L=1

MJW

I really think this thread should not be in the World Rally Championship Folder of the forum.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    I really think this thread should not be in the World Rally Championship Folder of the forum.
    Agree fully, this sh**e needs moved from here- shove it somewhere else please.

Liked 316 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by er88
    What other subforum would be a better fit for it?

Formula 1? Indycar? Le Mans series? Or Perhaps Motorcycle Racing?

It does not fit in anywhere however the WRC forum is the least misfit.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    Quote Originally Posted by er88
    What other subforum would be a better fit for it?

Formula 1? Indycar? Le Mans series? Or Perhaps Motorcycle Racing?

It does not fit in anywhere however the WRC forum is the least misfit.
    Granted they are all misfit but don't be so quick to label this forum the least misfit. All the other racing series have the same important main factor as Rally X (they are all wheel to wheel 'racing') whereas rally is totally different and a race against the clock if you need reminded. I hate this Rally X guff with a passion..

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts

Well, I had nothing against this thread (and Rallycross as whole) being here, but just hate to hear the name Ken Block.
    So, +1 for moving it.

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Sarcasm is something that's just cathing on in some parts of the world...

Please make a new subforum before more people accidentally make it here, discovers it's about that god awful redneck RX (how could they ever know? ) and has an aneurysm...