Page 3 of 277 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Re: World Rallycross Championship a.k.a RALLYX

Fun stuff when one living in Sweden don't get any info regarding the swedes. PG is fast and it would be great.

I hope the WRXC gets a high enough status that some of the top guys currently in the Global RX will come to it and future drivers not opting to go to the US just for the money or something stupid.

Toomas Heikkinen in WRXC in 2014. Will be better than fighting against a bicyclist, a moped rider and a tv presenter. And he fought off Foust for most part of 2013 and Foust was pretty strong in the European rounds he participated. 2+2= Heikkinen should be fast enough. I think he's a serious title contender.

Just confirmed: http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...eneuve-commits

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoax
    In Sweden everything involving 4 wheels and an engine is regarded as a threat to the polar bears. She will get nothing...

I think there no real danger to polar bears, they usually are not seen anywhere south of Upplands-Väsby and anywhere north of there is just snow and swamps anyway and isnät really part of Sweden anyway.....probably should force Norway or Finland to take it except for Kiruna could be given to Russia pga alla djävla Stalinister där uppe..

Now Moosies, they're under threat.....Every time one wanders into Hötorget the whole city goes crazy and the Polis have to come out and shoot the poor things. Why? The cars might hurt it.. So better kill the moose!
    Dumma snuten.

Nice moosies.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Any ex-spurts here know if there is any limit on suspension travel (dvs slag längden) allowed in rally-cross? I mean the real rally-cross, not the ''made for TV product here in Fortress Amerika.. Any firm knowledge on the travel people are using?

Getting an answer here from the genius tech-nerds is apparently impossible I was just told today from a guy who is working on a new build...He contacted me because I build rally suspension which works good enough to win events and class wins (but that would be like Debutant class in a real rally country)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Any ex-spurts here know if there is any limit on suspension travel (dvs slag längden) allowed in rally-cross? I mean the real rally-cross, not the ''made for TV product here in Fortress Amerika.. Any firm knowledge on the travel people are using?

Getting an answer here from the genius tech-nerds is apparently impossible I was just told today from a guy who is working on a new build...He contacted me because I build rally suspension which works good enough to win events and class wins (but that would be like Debutant class in a real rally country)
    Have a look here and see if you find anything of use:
    http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...282014%29x.pdf

I can't remember reading of any specific suspension travel numbers. But in my mind you don't need to much travel because of the relatively flat circuits RX runs on in comparison with conventional rally.

You could always try to get in touch with Hansen Motorsport and see if they're willing to help you:
    http://hansen-motorsport.se/contact/

Maybe this thread can give you some valuable tips:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1080504

Good luck!

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa

The regulations for the lower classes in rallycross in 'Europe' are likely to change.
    http://rallycrossrx.com/article/8307/2w ... aw-best-of

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoax
    I hope the WRXC gets a high enough status that some of the top guys currently in the Global RX will come to it and future drivers not opting to go to the US just for the money or something stupid.
    The "World" component of the name is something that only the FIA can hand out. It recognises that category as the highest class of competition for that particular category of racing. And with it comes a certain degree of protection - the FIA will not allow a rival series to develop to the point where it can rival the designated World Championship, unless the FIA are unhappy with the existing World Championship.

When a racing championship starts up, there are rules that dictate where they can and cannot race. It is slightly different for Europe, because of the close proximity of nations, many of which do not have enough circuits to sustain a national championship. The best example I can give is V8 Supercars. Until recently, the category was limited to Australia. The organisers were allowed two overseas events, and so ran one in New Zealand and a second in Abu Dhabi in support of the Grand Prix. But we largely exhausted our selection of circuits, yet the organisers wanted to continue to grow the category. There was a race in Austin last year, and talk of variously going to Macau, Korea, Indonesia, the Philippines, India and Mexico. In order to do that, the organisers had to apply to the FIA for "International" status, which opened up the number of international rounds that were permitted. It was granted, but on the condition that the series did not enter Europe so as not to endanger some of the European touring car series.

The same thing has happened here: by giving the WRX a "World" status, the FIA will ensure it remains the foremost rallycross championship. The GRC might be strong in America, but it will not be allowed into Europe.

Interesting reading Prisoner Monkeys. Thanks!

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

The Aussie v8 Supercars have also been to China and Bahrain. The drivers don't like it so much as they only have a small airfreighted container of spares.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts

Why is a rallycross topic present in rallying sub-forum? I have nothing against rallycross but it is not rallying so it shall not be here.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 316 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Why is a rallycross topic present in rallying sub-forum? I have nothing against rallycross but it is not rallying so it shall not be here.
    There is no better place to have it since Mark doesn't seem to have more subforums.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...