Page 269 of 277 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2763
    Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Rather underwhelmed watching these electric SUV's.

I think they're too big (for Lydden anyway). Why did they have to be that size ?

The huge suspension just crushes the track and jumps. Plus the lack of noise totally reduces the spectacle.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    IMO the race was fun to watch.
    Im really into these characters, u'know? Niclas, Bakku, Larson, Travis etc.. I think its all about that for me, since I have been watching these guys since 2012. Great racing

Fun to notice the crosscars are faster than the Lites cars. Same way, supercars are faster than the Group E.

About the CARS... Im more an "open wheel" fan (American sprintcars, European Autocross Super Buggy, Crosscars, F1...) So these are not my favorite things out there. Way too big for this IMO but im not complaining. The race was great, the characters are my favorites... It was a 10/10 for me even missing the sound of the Supercars, which are my fav in motorsport

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Now I want to see the Group-E car vs the Extreme-E car. "Just because"
    Wouldnt mind also seeing the Group-E car doing the 4 Sunday's stages in a WRC event too. Just to see how it goes.
    A guest car

4. Likes: wildboar (20th June 2022)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Shame they didn't just keep NRX in the states, didn't find it as enjoyable this time and probably won't go to Sweden since they are not bringing the Subaru's over
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    The supercars still look faster tho! (Laptimes were the same basically, right?).
    Fastest lap times on both days was set by a Supercar (Fraser McConnell in the i20). Wasn't a huge amount in it, but the FC1-X isn't quite the "fastest rallycross car ever" (yet).

Really interesting to compare FC1-X and Supercar performance on the two days. The FC1-X looked slow at North Bend, but the speed they were carrying through Paddock and into the chicane was ridiculous. To me the FC1-X isn't a rallycross car though, it is more like an electric trophy truck. Sure it will be well suited to the US short course tracks (like ERX) that they used last year.

Both Hansens were on the circuit. I wonder if they choose not to compete in NitroRX this year of if there wasnt more cars built in time. No infos on that
    I don't think they have the budget for that as well this year.

They were 10 FC1-X finished for Lydden, with two more pretty complete shells sitting in the paddock. The original press releases had stated that they were looking at 16 cars.

Just watched the 1x1 battles they have on saturdays. I think it was cool...

...Cant wait to see the first race. I imagine theres gonna be some red flags since these big cars can bang and bump A LOT haha. (Weirdly Im missing a redbull colored car on the grid hahah So weird not to have one around).
    I personally wasn't that enthused by the battle format and would much rather see a more traditional race structure for both days of the event. One or two good tussles on Saturday, but it the was pack racing I was waiting for and as a consequence I much preferred Sunday over Saturday.

There was a lot of uncertainty before the event and I got the sense that a lot of the organisation was very last minute. Supercar entry was the biggest disappointment of the weekend for me. It was already clear before that Subaru weren't going to be there (and financially I can understand why), but I was really hoping the series would bring those cars (and drivers) to Europe. The eye-watering entry fee surely put some locals off and I wonder how many will be interested at the other European stops given the cost. Still, cool to see a couple of ex-World cars at Lydden.

Despite that I definitely thought there were more positives than negatives overall. If I had to pick one international series then I'm still favouring World RX, but I'd definitely consider attending another Nitro round. I would expect to see much more certainty in the event before any future Nitro event though.

Took a few pictures, so here are a few faves...

...more here if anyone is interested!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

7. Likes: Corcaíoch (8th July 2022),lancia037 (8th July 2022)
    Liked 657 Times in 316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Fastest lap times on both days was set by a Supercar (Fraser McConnell in the i20). Wasn't a huge amount in it, but the FC1-X isn't quite the "fastest rallycross car ever" (yet).

Really interesting to compare FC1-X and Supercar performance on the two days. The FC1-X looked slow at North Bend, but the speed they were carrying through Paddock and into the chicane was ridiculous. To me the FC1-X isn't a rallycross car though, it is more like an electric trophy truck. Sure it will be well suited to the US short course tracks (like ERX) that they used last year.

I don't think they have the budget for that as well this year.

They were 10 FC1-X finished for Lydden, with two more pretty complete shells sitting in the paddock. The original press releases had stated that they were looking at 16 cars.

I personally wasn't that enthused by the battle format and would much rather see a more traditional race structure for both days of the event. One or two good tussles on Saturday, but it the was pack racing I was waiting for and as a consequence I much preferred Sunday over Saturday.

There was a lot of uncertainty before the event and I got the sense that a lot of the organisation was very last minute. Supercar entry was the biggest disappointment of the weekend for me. It was already clear before that Subaru weren't going to be there (and financially I can understand why), but I was really hoping the series would bring those cars (and drivers) to Europe. The eye-watering entry fee surely put some locals off and I wonder how many will be interested at the other European stops given the cost. Still, cool to see a couple of ex-World cars at Lydden.

Despite that I definitely thought there were more positives than negatives overall. If I had to pick one international series then I'm still favouring World RX, but I'd definitely consider attending another Nitro round. I would expect to see much more certainty in the event before any future Nitro event though.

Took a few pictures, so here are a few faves...

...more here if anyone is interested!
    You mention the 'eye-watering' entry fee

how much is it?

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    You mention the 'eye-watering' entry fee

how much is it?
    Single event entry for Supercar was $5000. There were more British drivers interested in racing until they saw the fee.

WorldRX postponed its openning round again to Hell.
    It looks like theres somenlogistic problems on the materials and parts that should come from Asia.. and the ones who arrived are not assembled properly yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Yes! For a while I was kinda "angry" that pastrana choosed to start a new thing that its not popular in america (rallycross - with 2 recent dead championships) instead of just jumping in into the existing short course championships and making it a just one big series again (like pre-2009). Pro4 and Pro2 are easily the coolest things to watch once you know the drivers and all that happens during these championships! Plus theres already lots of gentleman/amateur racers, local tracks, fan base... Having Nitro combining the dying-west and the growing mid-west series in one national series would be amazing IMO. But hey, its not my money haha

12. Likes: tbtstt (11th July 2022)
    WorldRX postponed its openning round again to Hell.
    It looks like theres somenlogistic problems on the materials and parts that should come from Asia.. and the ones who arrived are not assembled properly yet.
    Really wasn't the best timing for going electric, that's for sure. Fingers crossed everything is in place for Hell.