Page 218 of 277 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2763
    Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    It might be an unpopular opinion, but here's my thoughts:

As World Championship, World RX needs to expand to other continent, to promote and popularize RX all over the world. The problem is if the new host are build the new purpose-built RX track, the future use would be questionable, so converting already existing race circuit into RX track is the most viable choice. It might hurt some of the fans in Europe, but that's what it is.

I'm happy about Abu Dhabi because they would finally come to Asia, but still need to explore other areas like Japan (Suzuka RX track, anyone?)

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post

As World Championship, World RX needs to expand to other continent, to promote and popularize RX all over the world. The problem is if the new host are build the new purpose-built RX track, the future use would be questionable, so converting already existing race circuit into RX track is the most viable choice. It might hurt some of the fans in Europe, but that's what it is.

I'm happy about Abu Dhabi because they would finally come to Asia, but still need to explore other areas like Japan (Suzuka RX track, anyone?)
    I prefer Ebisu..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts

Spot on! I wholeheartedly agree

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    The problem for me isn’t that they go to these tracks, it’s that the RX tracks they design and build are sterile and usually quite dull. Two of the tracks at F1 circuits have been passable for me, Catalunya and Hockenheim.

It’s stupid to go to these places if it’s at the expense of excitement and entries. South Africa will probably be another 15 car field, most of them with nothing to play for in the championship, so it’s just a big cost for the teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

5. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (3rd October 2018),pantealex (3rd October 2018)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts

While I totally understand that, it doesn't show RX anywhere as good as it can be. The fields are tiny, the cost is high, and it isn't exciting to watch.
    Then you get people searching up WRX, and get clips from the actual RX-tracks, and see how it can be. While that is good, it won't bring new people in to the sport.

Also, I am quite sure that it would be possible to built a proper RX-track in the US without any long-term issues (it's not like Austin is a success, very little spectators on the vast majority there, they lose money on F1, and the thing that bring in the money is concerts...). The Canadian track actually makes sense, even though WRX is sort of a support-series there.
    Hockenheim when you have Estering doesn't make sense. Barcelona instead of any RX-Track in Europe with proper following doesn't make sense. Mettet was a left-field one, and while Duivelsberg is a better circuit it wasn't weird though I'd imagine Duivlesberg would've had a larger crowd. Silverstone instead of Lydden Hill, again doesn't make sense.

I can understand that you don't build an RX track in South Africa, I can understand it in Abu Dhabi, though, they have the money for it.
    If they had actually kept the proper RX-tracks in the areas that have them, it would've made more sense. But they are solely going for money and showoff-facilities, while driving costs up, and racing down.
    Then, in typical FIA sense, they try to cut cost by limit equipment and testing, which only hurts the racing more, while they keep moving away from where the spectators actually are, lowering the sponsorship interested for lower teams, further thinning the field, and then you have the circle going.

Also, tracks made in the natural environment tends to be a bigger success, both for spectators, tv-viewers and drivers. You don't need man-made jumps to make things "cool", make things natural, and it'll work out. It's a bit like modern F1-tracks, while some are built in to the natural ascent and descent, they lack uniqueness. The "Tilkedromes" are seemingly the same, with endless runoffs etc. Modern RX-tracks are also quite similar, very wide starts, going in to a "bottle-neck corner" to force some contact and "wow"-action, this is either a chicane, or followed by a left-right/right-left. The track is also mostly made up with the help of guardrails, concrete and tyres. A far cry from proper RX-tracks.
    Last edited by Myrvold; 3rd October 2018 at 20:05.

7. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (3rd October 2018),Micke_VOC (4th October 2018),MrJan (4th October 2018),pantealex (4th October 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Sadly can see WRX (how I hate not saying World Rallycross) going the way of the WTCC with a depleted field and one manufacturer dominating to a point where no-one is interested. Not expecting to see a break away series or something like TCR however wouldn't be at all surprised if we return to a well promoted European championship with strong "privateer/works supported" teams as in days gone by or one national series becoming the draw.
    the sport is trash... it will eventually die once again. No overtakes, very vague rules when it comes to penalising contact, a retarded points system and uninteresting tracks...

ITS TRASH !!!!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    the sport is trash... it will eventually die once again. No overtakes, very vague rules when it comes to penalising contact, a retarded points system and uninteresting tracks...

ITS TRASH !!!!
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    While I totally understand that, it doesn't show RX anywhere as good as it can be. The fields are tiny, the cost is high, and it isn't exciting to watch.
    Then you get people searching up WRX, and get clips from the actual RX-tracks, and see how it can be. While that is good, it won't bring new people in to the sport.

Also, I am quite sure that it would be possible to built a proper RX-track in the US without any long-term issues (it's not like Austin is a success, very little spectators on the vast majority there, they lose money on F1, and the thing that bring in the money is concerts...). The Canadian track actually makes sense, even though WRX is sort of a support-series there.
    Hockenheim when you have Estering doesn't make sense. Barcelona instead of any RX-Track in Europe with proper following doesn't make sense. Mettet was a left-field one, and while Duivelsberg is a better circuit it wasn't weird though I'd imagine Duivlesberg would've had a larger crowd. Silverstone instead of Lydden Hill, again doesn't make sense.

I can understand that you don't build an RX track in South Africa, I can understand it in Abu Dhabi, though, they have the money for it.
    If they had actually kept the proper RX-tracks in the areas that have them, it would've made more sense. But they are solely going for money and showoff-facilities, while driving costs up, and racing down.
    Then, in typical FIA sense, they try to cut cost by limit equipment and testing, which only hurts the racing more, while they keep moving away from where the spectators actually are, lowering the sponsorship interested for lower teams, further thinning the field, and then you have the circle going.

Also, tracks made in the natural environment tends to be a bigger success, both for spectators, tv-viewers and drivers. You don't need man-made jumps to make things "cool", make things natural, and it'll work out. It's a bit like modern F1-tracks, while some are built in to the natural ascent and descent, they lack uniqueness. The "Tilkedromes" are seemingly the same, with endless runoffs etc. Modern RX-tracks are also quite similar, very wide starts, going in to a "bottle-neck corner" to force some contact and "wow"-action, this is either a chicane, or followed by a left-right/right-left. The track is also mostly made up with the help of guardrails, concrete and tyres. A far cry from proper RX-tracks.
    I felt that the sport itself are never been really developed outside Europe and US, i'm afraid.

quite sad, but that's the 'cost' of the world championship.

It's not (just) about the money to develop, it's also about the use after the World RX event, or it would be abandoned and waste of money.

However I agreed that Rallycross isn't what it supposed to be - although no one could prevent electric cars to invade rallycross, as it's the perfect testbed for the EV's.

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Make euro rx great again

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Oliver wins in Tierp & clinched the RXNordic title..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

13. Likes: pantealex (8th October 2018),Sulland (8th October 2018),TWRC (8th October 2018)