Page 216 of 277 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2762
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Bit of a shame Solberg couldnt hang on to the lead but he already showed his speed and health are restored.

Congrats to Kristoffersson - 2nd WRX Title and in a different class.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Was fantastic to see Petter being quick again, what a transformation! Oliver really took it pretty hard that he made the mistake, bless him.

Day 2 was a bit more interesting but I still can't say I'm sold on the track. The joker merge was quite good but the gravel section with a single line just makes things really tame to watch. When you compare it to even some of the tracks that have been dropped from the championship (Rosario, Mettet, Lydden) then I think it stands up quite poorly. Would be good to hear that they're thinking of changing some things but the main one for me is to change the gravel surface to something a bit more even.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Given the horrible crowd numbers, the question will remain: will they ever go back?

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Have to say I wasn't overly enamoured with the US track; couple of little sections were quite good (the joker merge was quite interesting and the cars seemed to be flying through that last chicane), but not a particularly exciting circuit overall.

Gutted for Solberg. Was great to see him back on the pace again (and seeming a bit perkier during interviews), such a shame he lost the lead a couple of corners from the finish.

As boring as his domination is, I still think Kristoffersson is a deserving champion.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Bit of a meh track, but there's nothing to say the layout couldn't be improved for future events.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    As boring as his domination is, I still think Kristoffersson is a deserving champion.
    Even putting the performance of the VW to one side, he's been stand out this season. His first corner awareness, ability to raise his game and consistency are better than anyone else on the grid. The car has helped, but if, say, Ekstrom was in VW and Johan in Audi then i still think he'd have taken the title.

7. Likes: pantealex (1st October 2018),tbtstt (1st October 2018)
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Bit of a meh track, but there's nothing to say the layout couldn't be improved for future events.
    Yeah. I thought the Canadian track was pretty awful the first year, but they managed to improve that. Fingers crossed they can make some changes for the next time out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Even putting the performance of the VW to one side, he's been stand out this season. His first corner awareness, ability to raise his game and consistency are better than anyone else on the grid. The car has helped, but if, say, Ekstrom was in VW and Johan in Audi then i still think he'd have taken the title.
    Yeah, I fully agree. The team around him are obviously very accomplished as well; I think it's fair to say that EKS have thrown away two wins due to poor spotting whereas Johan, on the few occasions he has been caught mid-pack, has made sensible joker decisions which you could attribute to the team rather than the driver.

It was his mid-pack performance in France that most impressed me this year: even when things weren't going his way and he had traffic to deal with he was still absolutely flawless.

I would be very interested to see Johan in one of his rivals cars: I do wonder just how big the divide is between the Polo, S1 and 208 now (I personally think it has massively closed this year).
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

9. Likes: tomhlord (1st October 2018)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    I hope it would be more longer..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

11. Likes: pantealex (1st October 2018),tomhlord (1st October 2018)
    I think both Audi and Peugeot have got closer, but I don't think the 208 has made as big a step forward. At the start of the season the Peugeot was very rapid and I would say the closest, but since the mid-season break (and the test in Latvia) I think EKS are now second best.

COTA has potential if they can consider a change. I liked the joker and merge, plus the quick chicane, but they need to do something wo give some more overtaking chances and I never like those tight hairpins that were also at Hockenheim, Catalunya, Turkey etc. They bottleneck the field but there's only one line through them. The hairpins like T3 at Lydden and T1 at Estering give a bit more opportunity to vary the line and get a run.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I think both Audi and Peugeot have got closer, but I don't think the 208 has made as big a step forward. At the start of the season the Peugeot was very rapid and I would say the closest, but since the mid-season break (and the test in Latvia) I think EKS are now second best.
    It seems that way. Strange, becuase Peugeot has finally moved away from their R5 origins into a purpose-built rallycross car.