Page 179 of 277 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2762
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Yeah, I remember now...although that article still seems a bit vague (or at least the quotes from Peugeot do), and seems strange for Loeb to have a team in the championship that he's not driving for.

Been watching the Holjes round of RallyX on Ice this afternoon, not exactly high octane excitement but it's pretty interesting and a few of the races are pretty good. Definitely better than what I've seen from Trophee Andros
    https://sbfplay.solidtango.com/video...eb-13-00-15-03
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    More on Loeb 208 in SLR campaign.
    https://translate.google.com/transla...peugeot-208%2F

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    new parternship between Motorsport VIP Tour & Planetemarcus gives you the opportunity to attend all the WRX 2018 events - Click and choose your travel ► http://bit.ly/2F4ultX

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Good news/bad news: good news is that Loeb, Timmy Hansen and Guerlain Chichiret are all confirmed to be driving at the opening round of the British Rallycross Championship at Silverstone...

...bad news is that, following rumours last week, the GRC have confirmed today that they will not be running Supercars in 2018. Supercars will be replaced by the "Gold Class" (basically Lites with a few modifications). Gutted, as I won't get to see the GRC Civic or STI at Lydden.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Good news/bad news: good news is that Loeb, Timmy Hansen and Guerlain Chichiret are all confirmed to be driving at the opening round of the British Rallycross Championship at Silverstone...

...bad news is that, following rumours last week, the GRC have confirmed today that they will not be running Supercars in 2018. Supercars will be replaced by the "Gold Class" (basically Lites with a few modifications). Gutted, as I won't get to see the GRC Civic or STI at Lydden.
    Why are Loeb & co. running at Silverstone... just guest appearance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Why are Loeb & co. running at Silverstone... just guest appearance ?
    Testing the cars and gathering data on the new track would be my guess.

They have restricted testing options this year so it's a good way of shaking down the cars. Unlike a lot of the new layouts that have been introduced into the World Championship the last few years, Silverstone is finished well in advance of the event, so it's a prime chance to get more time on the track before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Thats my planned trip to Lydden canned then. Surely the teams could continue to run the current cars whilst developing the Platinum class thats mentioned for 2019?!
    I booked a (non-refundable!) hotel room near Lydden as I saw the announcement, so I'm committed now! The concept of the "Gold" Lite is interesting, but they are going to need decent size grids to justify the switch.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Thats my planned trip to Lydden canned then. Surely the teams could continue to run the current cars whilst developing the Platinum class thats mentioned for 2019?!
    Does seem odd, I can only guess that there has been a lot of feedback about dominance of certain teams. Quite a late announcement too, surely many teams will already be developing their car for the season?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

Time to modify the GRC Supercars so it can be eligible for the WRX/ERX. And Andretti Motorsport should bring the Beetles..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

10. Likes: Sub_Skoda (1st March 2018)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Can we expect to see the next press release from Andretti VW, Olsbergs Honda and Subaru North America that they are pulling out of Global Rally cross autosport. com/wrx/news/134567/global-rallycross-drops-supercar-class or another press release they are setting up the IRC - independent rallycross championship for the East Coast/ Mid-West of North America only?

Suspect the part reason for the change - Red Bull did not like to see the Monster Energy/ rockstar drink cars winning so much?
    http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...ss-debut-2018/

Is this the platinum class - the electric / fuel class?
    http://autoweek.com/article/rally/re...ame-class-2019

Atkinson said he was already testing the 2018 Subaru NA GRC car - 20th Feb 2018. Atko probably not pleased at losing another subaru seat.
    https://rallysportmag.com/chris-atki...ious-wrc-cars/
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 27th February 2018 at 20:33.