Page 178 of 277 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2762
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Like there be any manu. interesed in competing. Just privateers and then next year it will be abandoned.
    You just can't win. People complain when manufacturers get involved with big budgets, then they complain when manufacturers take their budgets to electric. EuroRX existed fine without big manufacturer budget, who's to say it will be any different once electricity is on the scene?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

2. Likes: pantealex (14th February 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    You just can't win. People complain when manufacturers get involved with big budgets, then they complain when manufacturers take their budgets to electric. EuroRX existed fine without big manufacturer budget, who's to say it will be any different once electricity is on the scene?
    STARD could have a little advantage with their 207..

Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    STARD could have a little advantage with their 207..
    I wasn't talking about privateer electric so much, more that Supercars will continue to be used by a number of people.

5. Likes: pantealex (14th February 2018)
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Us dinosaurs will have to settle for RX Retro and Historic Rally which should still be ok to compete like they have always done.... and they will probably the get bigger crowds and better competition.
    Not going to watch the European, British, French or any of the other National Championships that will still be using "traditional" Supercars then? Change may be coming, but this isn't going to be an overnight thing!

It's on par with what World RX was, which I thought was amazing value. Given that a forest pass on Rally GB is £30 and you only get to see 2 stages, I'd say it's pretty good, although I'll wait to see what the entry is like before bothering. The advantage of Lydden before was that it was on bank holiday, so getting back to Devon late wasn't an issue because I didn't need to be at work in the morning.
    For me the number of regular GRC entries (and the number of locals that can be attracted) will determine whether its good value or not. You are looking at two full days of racing (heats & finals on both days) which is one over on the World Championship, however I think the support classes are much weaker for the GRC, so that's a negative.

Yep. For me the way the future of the European Championship (and thus traditional Supercars) is handled is going to be absolutely critical. They wanted to make the World Championship the series for manufacturers and, with the introduction of electric, they seem to have done that.

Ensuring that the European Championship offers an option for the privateers and traditional fans is the key for me now.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Or you can just watch the supercar class of World RX, which IMG have said will continue alongside the electric class.
    Until when, 2020 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Until when, 2020 ?
    I think the quote was "as long as there is interest" (or something like that). I'd personally rather see all the traditional Supercars go to the European Championship and have that Championship return to it's form circa 2010.

Sebastien Loeb Racing joining World RX with Demoustier driving...no mention about Loeb himself
    http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...ng-joins-world

Sebastien Loeb Racing joining World RX with Demoustier driving...no mention about Loeb himself
    http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...ng-joins-world
    Loeb is already confirmed to be driving for Peugeot Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Loeb is already confirmed to be driving for Peugeot Sport.
    Is he? I thought it was confirmed that he was continuing in partnership with Peugeot Sport, which could just mean that they're supporting SLR.

Liked 316 Times in 181 Posts
    Is he? I thought it was confirmed that he was continuing in partnership with Peugeot Sport, which could just mean that they're supporting SLR.
    https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/1...ment-with-loeb

No indication has been given as to whether the relationship with Hansen Motorsport will continue, or who aside from Loeb will drive for the team in 2018.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...