Page 139 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2762
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    I totally agree, WRC is the only place with real action, excitement and surprises.

Sent fra min MIX via Tapatalk

2. Likes: Myrvold (9th May 2017),steve.mandzij (7th May 2017)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I totally agree, WRC is the only place with real action, excitement and surprises.

Sent fra min MIX via Tapatalk
    In the first 5 WRC rallies this season, we have had 4 different drivers winning the rally, Ogier, Latvala, Meeke and 2x Neuville.

In WRX ME have won all three and Johan K have been second in the two latest.
    Last edited by BleAivano; 7th May 2017 at 20:00.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (7th May 2017)
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    This year in the WRC the competition has been incredible - but although I prefer rallying, the last few WRC seasons have not been as exciting as World RX has been! I agree that World RX has limited potential, but to right (write - mod edit) it off is foolish. Drivers like Ekstrom, Loeb and Solberg are no joke, and any sport they respect is a sport I respect.
    Last edited by Mintexmemory; 8th May 2017 at 11:40. Reason: poor spelling from would be scribe!!!

6. Likes: Alpha (7th May 2017),MrJan (7th May 2017),pantealex (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    This year in the WRC the competition has been incredible - but although I prefer rallying, the last few WRC seasons have
    not been as exciting as World RX has been! I agree that World RX has limited potential, but to right (write - mod edit) it off is foolish. Drivers like Ekstrom,
    Loeb and Solberg are no joke, and any sport they respect is a sport I respect.
    Well WRX is only at it's 4th season so far but I disagree that WRX have been that exiting in 2014-2015.
    In 2014 Petter had almost no real opposition but it was a bit better in 2015.
    IMO, 2016 was the first proper year of WRX. It had 5 different event winners and it was pretty tight finish to the season.

I think WRX will suffer from the same problem that plagues WRC for many years and that is that if you are not in a factory
    team (full factory team or a team with manufacturer backing) you probably won't have a chance of winning the title.
    I think the more the season progresses, the more it will show that the factory team cars/drivers are those will be most successful.
    Outside of them I think Bakkerud are the probably only one who might be able to challenge the factory drivers.

I also don't think anyone have said that the WRX is joke and most certainly no one said that
    Loeb, Ekström, Kristoffersson and Solberg are a joke because they are certainly not.

My personal opinion is that WRC is more exiting then WRX, despite Ogier's dominance.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th May 2017)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    I think the more the season progresses, the more it will show that the factory team cars/drivers are those will be most successful.
    Outside of them I think Bakkerud are the probably only one who might be able to challenge the factory drivers.
    I wouldn't consider Hoonigan Racing as less of a factory team than any of the 3 other top teams though. MJP and Stard is a notch under the others i guess.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I wouldn't consider Hoonigan Racing as less of a factory team than any of the 3 other top teams though. MJP and Stard is a notch under the others i guess.
    Hoonigan Racing is factory backed by Ford Performance, Detroit US.The car is made by the M Sport guys as most of the technical stuff.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    I just don't get the people that have point out how they feel that WRX is boring, doesn't take much skill etc. While WRC is much better. And I don't get the people who have the opposite reaction either. It presents different challenges, it is different kind of competition, and neither are for everyone.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    I just don't get the people that have point out how they feel that WRX is boring, doesn't take much skill etc. While WRC is much better. And I don't get the people who have the opposite reaction either. It presents different challenges, it is different kind of competition, and neither are for everyone.
    You're right. There is no room for comparison.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

13. Likes: pantealex (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Hoonigan Racing get the most money and support of any teams alongside Audi! Ford have invested a lot into Hoonigan and are getting rather fed up at the lack of results - Block has proven he can't compete at this level, and Bakkerud has already been named Crasherud by the Scandinavian press!

Peugeot get a little less factory support, but still a fair lump due to the Loeb factor. VW is by no means a factory team yet - they have a little bit of support technically, but they fund themselves and the old PSRX team are still in charge there. The whole team deserve a hell of a lot of credit to be leading the team's championship in a brand new car with far less support than their main rivals!

15. Likes: Alpha (10th May 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Ford have invested a lot into Hoonigan and are getting rather fed up at the lack of results - Block has proven he can't compete at this level, and Bakkerud has already been named Crasherud by the Scandinavian press.
    Is there anything written to indicate Ford being unhappy? I'd have thought the guy they need to keep happy is Ken Block! He's their marketing cashcow. Feels to me when you back a guy like Block it's about way more than simply results on track.
    Last edited by Simmi; 10th May 2017 at 10:16.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

17. Likes: janvanvurpa (10th May 2017)