Page 13 of 277 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You have a point but when fokus gets on Ekstrom it becomes wrong. He´s not a tourist when it becomes competing in four whell vehicles. Give Ekstrom one full season in WRC and he is top three overall.
    yes he might be.... but in RallyX he did that and even more.... without a full season.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan View Post
    I hope you are not serious about this. To find the confidence to push and win in a 6 corner track as the rallycross is one thing, pushing 100% for 300+km of unknown roads is another. It was proven twice in the last years that track guys are not suited for WRC and dont tell me that Ekstrom is 100 times better than Kimi or Kubica
    100 times no... but he is far better when it comes to rallying than the hamburger boy, and i think he would be on par with a healthy Kubica.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    I hope you are not serious about this. To find the confidence to push and win in a 6 corner track as the rallycross is one thing, pushing 100% for 300+km of unknown roads is another. It was proven twice in the last years that track guys are not suited for WRC and dont tell me that Ekstrom is 100 times better than Kimi or Kubica
    Dear mate! You have to have the whole history before saying what you say. Did you know Mattias has been rallying a WRC car in an WRC event? Have you seen him live (back then in 2002 or something dancing with his Evo IV GrN) only with a couple of rallies behind him?
    You might think you can prove anything but don´t say what type of driver Mattias Ekström is before you know the big picture.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    I know, I looked up his record before posting, but unfortunately never got to see him live nor I followed his career ever closely. I don't doubt that he had potential as a rally driver, but restarting his rally (not rallycross) career in his late 30s and be successful is bit overoptimistic I think.
    Maybe it helps that is your compatriot

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    I know, I looked up his record before posting, but unfortunately never got to see him live nor I followed his career ever closely. I don't doubt that he had potential as a rally driver, but restarting his rally (not rallycross) career in his late 30s and be successful is bit overoptimistic I think.
    Maybe it helps that is your compatriot
    Time is running. Even though I think he has a serious chance being real fast in WRC, I admit I forgot his age. For me he´s still around 25...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    I suppose Ekstrom is attending some races also because he has an own team, maybe he is testing or more over attracting sponsor

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    i am not questioning Ekstroms ability, i am questioning the ability of the rallycross drivers... when a tourist visits your sport and makes your top drivers look like garbage roaming dogs then the sport loses all credibility. I doubt Ekstrom would come to WRC in an one off and beat Ogier and Latvala.

That is the reason why i do not take rallyX seriously.
    I know what you were saying. But Ekstrom and Solberg are not the only two who have won races this season...ergo Bakkerud, Nitiss, Foust and Heikkinen have all beaten Solberg and, IMO are all pretty decent drivers. Are they of the class of someone like Ogier? No, but then very few people are or ever have been.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

친애하는 지도자
    To put it simply... a sport is legitimate when the main participants are the best at that sport and no "outlander" can just visit their turf and ridicule them.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    To put it simply... a sport is legitimate when the main participants are the best at that sport and no "outlander" can just visit their turf and ridicule them.
    You keep saying 'ridicule' and the like, but Ekstrom just hooked it up on one event but has been mediocre at other times despite having a superior car.

I do understand the point though- but RX is a very different sport to most. It doesn't undermine the lead drivers' quality if wildcards can compete at the top, but just shows how unpredictable the sport is. For example, when Loeb entered in Loheac last year he was nowhere, despite being possibly the greatest motorsport driver ever! Yet a joker like Block came in and fluked his way to a podium!

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    You keep saying 'ridicule' and the like, but Ekstrom just hooked it up on one event but has been mediocre at other times despite having a superior car.

I do understand the point though- but RX is a very different sport to most. It doesn't undermine the lead drivers' quality if wildcards can compete at the top, but just shows how unpredictable the sport is. For example, when Loeb entered in Loheac last year he was nowhere, despite being possibly the greatest motorsport driver ever! Yet a joker like Block came in and fluked his way to a podium!
    exactly my point... when a sport is that unpredictable it just loses credibility and it cannot be taken seriously... it is still fun to watch and exciting but you cannot really go into depth with it and become passionate about.