Page 271 of 277 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2763
    Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    I only watched the highlights but didnt see a single pass on track at all... but otherwise it was a good start to the new era. I'm also much happier watching these than the SUV-sized Nitro RX.

More entries will help when they come, but JK & Hansens are still going to be the top dogs until Gronholm gets some luck.

2. Likes: lmmjvss (18th August 2022),tbtstt (18th August 2022)
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Hmmmm I liked the eRX1 cars tbh. The lack of sound is not a problem to me... Tho RX Supercars are the 2nd greatest sound in motorsport IMO, just after old 90's CART V8 2.5L Turbo engines haha. But it was just fine. The racing was pretty good, as always in RX. The big turn off for me was the lack of entries... But about THE CARS, I felt "more at home" with these than with the NitroRX SUVS, which I also enjoy, just to be clear.
    100% agree with you; love the sound of Rallycross Supercars, but it felt more like rallycross with this style of car.

In the end, I think the best thing they should do is to just end this "World Championship" idea and just run a huge 12 round EuroRX with supercars, eRX1, the Projekt-E and the Panthera cars from Titans RX. THAT would be amazing.
    Hmmm, not so sure on this. I thought the Pantera provided some fun racing, but the builds were rough as hell, nowhere near the quality of the FC1-X or RX Lite. Personally I'd rather see the Lites (petrol or electric) in their place. Projekt-E cars might work at a national level now (mixed in with traditional Supercars), but they are slower than the RX1e so I personally think it would be pointless to have them as another class when only a handful of them exist.

Im not so sure the eRX1 will attract many brands and teams. That means no money too, so the promoter may jump out. GmbH is quitting other sports like crazy (UCI MTB, Crahsed Ice, Air Race, Pro Motocross in US, it looks they are leaving Japanese series in 2024...) I enjoyed the cars and I think most of the fans who were pissed about this are kinda OK with that right now, but Im not sure this is going to survive many years.... So ehh... whatever. I'll be watching but not expecting much.
    Going to be really interesting to see what happens; the manufacturers were obviously really up for it five years ago, but the world is a pretty different place now and I wonder if the economics make as much (or even any) sense for them to still want to get involved.

There might be more attraction for privateers now. Although it was the same names setting the fastest laps, all the cars were relatively close on lap time. Long term running costs should be less than an ICE car as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I only watched the highlights but didnt see a single pass on track at all... but otherwise it was a good start to the new era. I'm also much happier watching these than the SUV-sized Nitro RX.
    There were a handful of passes, most memorable one for me has to be JK in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    More entries will help when they come, but JK & Hansens are still going to be the top dogs until Gronholm gets some luck.
    Johan and Timmy looked the class of the field, didn't they? They were the only two RX1e drivers well into the 37's on lap times.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Hmmm, not so sure on this. I thought the Pantera provided some fun racing, but the builds were rough as hell, nowhere near the quality of the FC1-X or RX Lite. Personally I'd rather see the Lites (petrol or electric) in their place. Projekt-E cars might work at a national level now (mixed in with traditional Supercars), but they are slower than the RX1e so I personally think it would be pointless to have them as another class when only a handful of them exist.
    Yes, you are right. I think Im just kinda "lost" with the amount of things going on right now.
    Im not a big fan of "european rx" racing outside europe "just for the money" because it was proved pointless.
    SURE, if Pastrana, Foust, Deegan, Kyle Busch, Jenson Button want to have a global series, thats understandable haha
    But no one outside the RX niche knows Larson, the Erikssons, Marklund, Bakkerud, the Hansens... u'know? So just stick with a strong EuroRX would be my vote haha And add Nysum on the calendar ffs! =P

5. Likes: AndyRAC (18th August 2022)
    "Real RallyCross" haha
    C-Final with Oliver Solberg and Johan Kristofferson
    https://www.facebook.com/NGKmasters/...36966744698735

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Thats a wrap for the WorldRX.
    Not sure if someone is still watching it but u should bat an eye on the
    new Lancia Delta Evo that raced on the last round at nurburgring. WHAT A CAR! Even with electric engines it looked AWESOME.

Whats next for WorldRx? No one knows! Tracks were empty, the grid had 8 cars and redbull's owner died so no one knows what may happen with the investments in motorsport.

IMO WorldRX would be fun again if it had more than 15 cars and the old comentator back (Andrew Coley).
    Both are of the tabble so... Meh
    Kill it, just run the european Championship and let the big stars go race in NitroRX

Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Thats a wrap for the WorldRX.
    Not sure if someone is still watching it but u should bat an eye on the
    new Lancia Delta Evo that raced on the last round at nurburgring. WHAT A CAR! Even with electric engines it looked AWESOME.
    Yeah, I am still watching! Very encouraging debut for the Integrale; I had pretty low expectations, but I thought the car (and Guerlain) did really well. Shame about Kevin putting the car in the wall during the first race, but I think it is a really encouraging sign for 2023.

Whats next for WorldRx? No one knows! Tracks were empty, the grid had 8 cars and redbull's owner died so no one knows what may happen with the investments in motorsport.
    Teams are already talking about plans for 2023; GCK are looking at a two car entry, so that should take us to 10 regulars. If Munnich can get their original plan back on track they could increase to a two car entry. Sure the number of kits sold is well in double figures, so the potential should be there for a better sized grid.

That is an interesting point, do you think the death of the Red Bull owner will have that great an effect on investment? Would think that the direction of the company probably falls under a board rather than an individual? Maybe he was still that involved with the details though.

IMO WorldRX would be fun again if it had more than 15 cars and the old comentator back (Andrew Coley).
    Both are of the tabble so... Meh
    Kill it, just run the european Championship and let the big stars go race in NitroRX
    Coley is wasted in Nitro and, in my personal opinion, that (Nitro) has been massively underwhelming this year. I can't understand why World RX has got so much grief on social media when Nitro has underdelivered throughout this year. Such is the fickle nature of the internet I guess.

I thought Nitro would have much bigger grids in the US, but instead the main class numbers have gone unchanged, and the support classes have shrunk. Plus they have dropped Supercars. The whole thing has a whiff of GRC about it, fingers crossed they can turn it around.

Ahh thank god the F1 promoters are out. WorldRX is back to LyddenHill, Estering and Mettet.
    Hell, Holjes, Montealegre, Cape Town are also on the calendar. And a season finale in "Asia" (probably Middle East, of course)
    HOPE they get 10 more cars to compete.
    EuroRX will run in Nyirad again

10. Likes: TWRC (8th December 2022)
    Shame that the Lydden weekend is all electric classes, but still brilliant to see the Championship back there. All classes running in Mettet and Estering, so definitely tempting for a road trip...

Really positive news for WRX I think. Initial response on all the social media posts I have seen seems to be pretty positive.

Liked 234 Times in 122 Posts
    Loeb returns to World RX with Chicherit's Lancia in full time campaign.

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/w...egend-returns/
    Last edited by Kenneth; 17th April 2023 at 09:08.

13. Likes: EstWRC (17th April 2023),Fast Eddie WRC (17th April 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Loeb returns to World RX with Chicherit's Lancia in full time campain.

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/w...egend-returns/
    Great news for the Championship I'd say: the return of a serious driver and hopefully a good boost for the GCK team as well.

15. Likes: EstWRC (17th April 2023)