Page 1 of 277 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts

World Rallycross Championship a.k.a RALLYX

Thought that this should have a forum but since I can't do it, I thought there should be at least a thread.
    So from now on if you have anything concerning the World Rallycross Championship please post here.
    I would like to begin this thread with the following:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112393
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

Re: World Rallycross Championship a.k.a RALLYX

Larsson's Audi A1, Is this the first new 'dirt' Audi for a while?
    http://robinlarsson.com/nyheter2011.html

MJW

Cant the moderators or whoever make a sub forum rather than putting it into WRC? After all there are sections for other type of racing, and with Peugeot now being involved in WRX, and Petter, and Ford as well it makes sense to have a sub forum for it.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

no it doesn't... nobody will bother with the sport of the has beens...

lets keep this one and if it gets a 1000 responses when the championship starts we can have a forum.

Liked 297 Times in 209 Posts

Even with Peugeot officially involved I don't think I'll follow this championship...I prefer classic rallies

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

I see HUGE potential with World Rallycross Championship! Having followed ERC back in the 80's when it was great, it's time this great motorsport gets a worldchampion value
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I see HUGE potential with World Rallycross Championship! Having followed ERC back in the 80's when it was great, it's time this great motorsport gets a worldchampion value
    Totally agree!

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

I'm really looking forward to the RX season. I think it's going to be a great show. Even as a die-hard "everything-else-but-48km-of-pure-misery=isn't rally" traditional rally fan (at least I like to think so ) I can't help to be drawn to this category.

I would love it if Solberg did well this year. Say what you want but the guy is passionate for sure. OT but WRC would need some of these guys to crack it up a bit like in the good ol' days. Like listening to RR on rally Sweden you just can't stop smiling when Henning finishes a stage.

I think Solberg and Doran have some unfinished business from last year and of course Solberg has a new engine supplier and 1 year of experience.

As for the has beens- isn't it better to round them all up in RX and maybe pave way for some fresh meat in the WRC?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just out if curiosity, how similar are the RallyX Supercars to World Rally Cars? I noticed that there is already a Supercar version of the i20, so it obviously cannot be hard to convert a car from one class to the other.

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

RallyX and WRC are very different. If you compare FIA appendix J art. 279 (RX) and art. 255 (WRC) then you have your good night reading in store for a good while.

They do share some things (except for the looks).
    - Both categories must use a standard engine block as base (in WRC they use standard head too).
    - The WRC cars are homologated while the RX supercars have to be recognizable with a standard car regularly on sale (can of course use a FIA homologated car).
    - Both WRC and RX supercars have to be based on a 4 seat, closed non-convertible type road legal car.
    - Both use front and rear differentials all which have to be mechanical (Supercars can have hydraulic central diff of a non-adjustable type)

A few major differences:

WRC
    The WRC cars have much less freedom on the technical side. The regulations states that:

- Up to 1.6 litre 4 cylindre turbocharged petrol engine with minumum weight
    - Direct injection
    - Max boost of 2.5 bar absoulte
    - Max rev limit 8500 rpm
    - 33mm restrictor (meaning the engines will produce 'around' 300 BHP)
    - 1200 kg minimum weight
    - 1820mm maximum width
    - A regulated position for the centre of gravity
    - Road legal with lights, number plates and so on (ask Gronholm in 2003 Rally GB if all that was necessary)

and the list goes on forever.

RALLYX supercars
    - Up to 2.058 litre supercharged 4 cylinder petrol engine (2.33 litres for diesel).
    -The block must derive from the same reg. trademarks original block as the cars original bodywork (If car looks like Citroen then block needs to be Citroen)
    - 45mm restrictor (power around 600 BHP)
    - Minimum car weight depending on engine size
    - Bigger brakes than WRC cars if one wants, adjustable brake balance in-car
    - Free rim size (max 18")
    - Cars must have sprung suspension, other than that it's free (you can use hydropneumatic suspension if you like - cool!)
    - Free positioning of water radiator(s) (eg. mounted in the rear)

The RALLYX cars have much less regulations stipulating what can and can't be done. And you have to bear in mind the fact that RX have to withstand a certain amount of bashing. So many differences between the two categories comes from that

Note when I say "free" I mean the regulations are free

Feel free to fill in here and of course expressing your fury over my so called knowledge.