Page 200 of 277 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2762
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    And not surprised to see your hateful comments again.

It seems that Whatever EKS do he will be penalized. Earlier this season Petter went for a gap and EKS got DSQ, now EKS goes for a gap and gets DSQ.
    Hateful? He drives like an ass, and has done so again and again this year. He needs to stop being Timur.

2. Likes: JUF (2nd July 2018)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Riku Tahko (RX Driver and YLE TV-commentator) said that Mattias is known as "fair play" driver.
    I believe that judges made right decision, like always.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Ekstrom is one of my favourite drivers but I don't think that move was really on, although I think he just misjudged it...but was it so different to the Johan on Solberg move at Silverstone?

Solberg wasn't the only one quicker than Johan either, I believe Timmy was also quicker in Q3.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    To be fair to Ekstrom many of the more recent incidents would, if they had occurred in isolation, been viewed as racing incidents. But considering what happened at Barcelona and everything he has done since, I am definitely seeing Ekstrom as one of the dirty driver this year.

Mattias always talked about "winning with respect". Perhaps the pressure of Audi Sport backing (and the need for results) is the cause for more aggressive driving?

Gutted for Petter, really thought he might have a shout at victory. Looked like Timmy did slow with an issue at the end as well? Really hope Peugeot can get that car sorted so someone can knock the Polo off the top step. Kristoffersson is a deserving champion, but I want to see him have to fight for the title!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Perhaps the pressure of Audi Sport backing
    Yes, AUDI deserves much more on the motorsport scene. But that's how it is - AUDI, Porsche, VW stepped back for the stupid diesel gate, and the 2 of them are now fighting in this mickey mouse championship. Shame, just shame....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Sad for Grosset-Janin who was supposed to have been spraying champagne for the first time. And not surprised that it was Ekström... Again.
    And totally gutted for Solberg. He's the only one faster than Kristofferson this weekend (Q3) only to retire in the semi with his car on fire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Until this season Ekström has been a great sport, with fair play in mind. But this year he's gone mental, he's full on Bakkerud/Timur/Doran at their worst.

Also note that Timur got a reprimande for unsportsmanlike behavior when he grabbed Ekström post race and waived his fists around.

Petters engine is toast so he'll be starting in Canada with a new one. Not critical as of now, but remember they can only use two engines during a season so if it happens again he's in trouble.
    Where is that kid from the not far past claiming WRC is as such to watch the paint drying, but RC is the real thing? Is he gone somewhere, or just doesn't like certain drivers and likes others more? Sorry I don't see much "real" in this championship, I'm really sorry.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 3rd July 2018 at 02:15.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Yes, AUDI deserves much more on the motorsport scene. But that's how it is - AUDI, Porsche, VW stepped back for the stupid diesel gate, and the 2 of them are now fighting in this mickey mouse championship. Shame, just shame....
    This, No clue what they're trying to accomplish in WRX, it just seems a massive waste of money.
    For me (even if i'm a motorsport fan) it seems that in the finals there is always the same 6 drivers. Just think about it, you have no change to be at the finals if you aint backed by a manufacturer who is spending a shit ton of money on the team.
    No idea how expensive it's to drive WRC car today as a privateer but WRC2 car is around 200€+ per km + insurance and tires and I don't even want to imagine how much is it for driving in a top class in WRX - Must be thousands if not more and then compare that to the visibility of the sport.

How are you suppose to find new talent and any interest to a sport when no one can afford it, Nitiss and Heikkinen were both forced to stop when they couldn't find enough money to back their seasons.

Does someone know how is the viewership between WRX to WRC?
    Last edited by Essaj; 3rd July 2018 at 02:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    This, No clue what they're trying to accomplish in WRX, it just seems a massive waste of money.
    For me (even if i'm a motorsport fan) it seems that in the finals there is always the same 6 drivers. Just think about it, you have no change to be at the finals if you aint backed by a manufacturer who is spending a shit ton of money on the team.
    No idea how expensive it's to drive WRC car today as a privateer but WRC2 car is around 200€+ per km + insurance and tires and I don't even want to imagine how much is it for driving in a top class in WRX - Must be thousands if not more and then compare that to the visibility of the sport.

How are you suppose to find new talent and any interest to a sport when no one can afford it, Nitiss and Heikkinen were both forced to stop when they couldn't find enough money to back their seasons.

Does someone know how is the viewership between WRX to WRC?
    I don't think it's massive money. There was some info not very far long it's about 15 mils per year, I think (but could be 20, or 30 at most). And probably most of them are paid by the sponsors. In comparison VW endeavor in WRC was costing roughly 100 mils per year, I have no idea about WEC costs, but probably it's similar considering all the technologies there. All-in-all WRX is cheap championship, otherwise they won't be there, would they?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 3rd July 2018 at 03:20.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd July 2018),pantealex (3rd July 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I don't think it's massive money. There was some info not very far long it's about 15 mils per year, I think (but could be 20, or 30 at most). And probably most of them are paid by the sponsors. In comparison VW endeavor in WRC was costing roughly 100 mils per year, I have no idea about WEC costs, but probably it's similar considering all the technologies there. All-in-all WRX is cheap championship, otherwise they won't be there, would they?
    But what happens when you compare that to the amount of publicity let's say against rallying in the highest level?
    For manufacturers 15-30mils might be cheap but it's still a lot of money considering amount of kilometers they get shown in media - and imagine that cost for privateers.

In Finland WRX is pretty much gone now from the media. When Heikkinen was still in there, there was some still some interest but now that he is gone it's just Grönholm doing mediocore results with a mediocore team so the sport doesn't get any publicity outside of pure Motosport journalism.

IMHO Rallycross is kinda like drifting, it's good fun untill it gets too serious. Then it just becomes so expensive that only the big names survive.
    Last edited by Essaj; 3rd July 2018 at 03:47.

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (3rd July 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post

How are you suppose to find new talent and any interest to a sport when no one can afford it?

Evidently the correct way to find new talent is to look across the dinner table and to try and remember how old your son sitting there is...judging from the miraculous frequency that sons of former drivers are "found" to be the best prospect..

Or maybe its a new inheritable genetic trait passed by genes.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

14. Likes: b3637853 (3rd July 2018)