Page 222 of 277 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2762
    Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    First nail in the coffin of traditional rallycross. The ohers wont be far behind...

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Sorry - yeah... I was a year out. Reading between the lines, i'm not sure there is enough certainty that the change will happen and when, so I guess that's enough for PMC to say goodbye.
    I could be completely off - as I don't know if PSA have a central pool for motorsport funding or if each individual manufacturer has a separate budget - but could this be connected to Citroen signing Ogier?

With Citroen getting Ogier onboard and talking about going all out next year, I just wonder if the extra funding has come from elsewhere within the PSA Group? Or are Peugeot stepping back from rallycross there are concrete plans for electric in place?
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    [QUOTE=tbtstt;1195622]I could be completely off - as I don't know if PSA have a central pool for motorsport funding or if each individual manufacturer has a separate budget - but could this be connected to Citroen signing Ogier?

Yeah - I guess it's a possibility that the main PSA budget has diverted more funds towards the Citroen WRC project, but Peugeot still will need to market their vehicles and they have always been keen on using motor sport for that.

Peugeot may have something else up their sleeve in terms of exposure (wait for WRC to become hybrid/ formula E).

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    First nail in the coffin of traditional rallycross. The ohers wont be far behind...
    Many people have suggested that manufacturers are making it expensive...now they're quitting and people are saying it's the death of rallycross. Which is it?

Strange that Peugeot came in so wholeheartedly for just one season. One thing I can't understand is why these teams on a budget have such large setups, the Peugeot rig for 2018 was so noticeably more expensive than previous years when they were Hansen. Likewise EKS have a mad input. I think at Riga they had 4 huge lorries, 4 supercars and space for a static display. I'm sure a huge amount of it is just needless expense.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    The truth is most OEM's know it will be difficult to promote and excite fans in general with electric races, they may say they are completely behind those changes via PR marketing but in the end they are afraid of spending millions on new technology and having empty stands and no interest in the series.

Anyway, no sense to invest yet in a full electric series when you just announced you will focus your development of regular cars ands sportscars in Plug-in Hybrid form.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    is this farce dead yet ?

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    I hate to say this, but GRE will be broadcasted by Eurosport..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    I hate to say this, but GRE will be broadcasted by Eurosport..
    As long as they have a SuperCar class, not only this spec crap that they preseted today... Then Im sold!
    https://www.facebook.com/globalrally...6180917033612/
    Nordic RallyX Is also expandind to 7 races next year, with Latvia and another round in Norway...

Edit: It looks that GRC Euro car could have a few different body kits... thats a little better than spec cars
    Last edited by giu canbera; 18th October 2018 at 16:18.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Many people have suggested that manufacturers are making it expensive...now they're quitting and people are saying it's the death of rallycross. Which is it?
    Hammer. Nail. Head.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Well, called it last year. VW nearly murdered WRC and are now on course to murder RX. Peugeot will concentrate on the 308 TCR, which has been a pleasant surprise in the WTCR this year.