Page 2 of 277 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Re: World Rallycross Championship a.k.a RALLYX

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    Just out if curiosity, how similar are the RallyX Supercars to World Rally Cars? I noticed that there is already a Supercar version of the i20, so it obviously cannot be hard to convert a car from one class to the other.
    And possibly (I'm not sure) it's easier to use an already FIA homologated car.

Liked 316 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Cant the moderators or whoever make a sub forum rather than putting it into WRC? After all there are sections for other type of racing, and with Peugeot now being involved in WRX, and Petter, and Ford as well it makes sense to have a sub forum for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    no it doesn't... nobody will bother with the sport of the has beens...

lets keep this one and if it gets a 1000 responses when the championship starts we can have a forum.
    I made a suggestion for additional sub forums in December 2012:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=156414

I know Ramona Karlsson is trying to find sponsors for a season in RallyX but IMO I don't think she'll find
    enough sponsors to secure a seat for the World Championship so I think She'll have to settle for national series
    or possible Euro RX championship.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

In Sweden everything involving 4 wheels and an engine is regarded as a threat to the polar bears. She will get nothing...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoax
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    Just out if curiosity, how similar are the RallyX Supercars to World Rally Cars? I noticed that there is already a Supercar version of the i20, so it obviously cannot be hard to convert a car from one class to the other.
    And possibly (I'm not sure) it's easier to use an already FIA homologated car.
    Thanks for that. I was just surprised that they turned the i20 Supercar around so quickly. The cars are fairly tightly-packaged, so I was curious as to the scope for development.

MJW

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Cant the moderators or whoever make a sub forum rather than putting it into WRC? After all there are sections for other type of racing, and with Peugeot now being involved in WRX, and Petter, and Ford as well it makes sense to have a sub forum for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    no it doesn't... nobody will bother with the sport of the has beens...

lets keep this one and if it gets a 1000 responses when the championship starts we can have a forum.
    I made a suggestion for additional sub forums in December 2012:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtop ... 3&t=156414

I know Ramona Karlsson is trying to find sponsors for a season in RallyX but IMO I don't think she'll find
    enough sponsors to secure a seat for the World Championship so I think She'll have to settle for national series
    or possible Euro RX championship.
    I was thinking NASCAR / GT racing / Dakar etc has a sub folder and it would be better for those who want to follow RX have their own sub forum, those like NOT wont then have to have their forum clogged up by has beens, ladyboy, village events type comments.
    My own opinion is the jury is still out, but RX with the right promotion and tv and internet media could truimph over traditional rallying in attracting the new generation and sponsors, I have been told that Jost Capito is taking an interest for VW after WRC. Now if you look back at the VW way of doing things they utterly dominate then leave, look at what they did in Dakar, is their WRC presnece going to be the same? And for those who dont know it VW is providing a lot of the behind the scenes infrastructure and funding for WRC, look at the organisers cars, posters. I hear even the radio receives a subsidy :-)

MJW

Found the edit button.

@MJW

Hopefully VW sticks around for a while in WRC. Or before they leave 2-3 new manufacturers arrive and we have a good old battle royale between manufacturers. Maybe the future comes from China?

As for World RX: if it really catches on (which I for one know it did last year here in SWE - got sort of a breath of fresh air and new life) then the manufacturers like VW will go there.

I'm optimistic about it!

PS We're on our way to 1000 posts...

Liked 316 Times in 181 Posts

Jaques Villeneuve to RallycrossRX?

https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status ... 0754740226
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Well that's a bombshell.

What former WRC/IRC drivers could be heading for RX?

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts

In french mag' Auto Hebdo, Andersson said he was looking for Rallycross World Championship seat.

I think Sandell is doing it too, but in USA.