Page 228 of 231 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2306
  1. #2271
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    46
    Like
    1
    Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Exactly right. Makes me smile when people complain about manufacturers making a car better than the rest. It isn't the fault of VW that Peugeot and Audi aren't quick enough. If you don't understand that then I'm not sure you understand what the point of sport is.
    While you are 100% right, it still gets awful boring if the cars always finish in the same order.
    It's up to the rules to try and make a level field so the racing is interesting. There will always be teams with more skill and resources and if they do their job right, they can dominate. There have been many examples of this in the past which brought about things like penalty weight, etc to try and keep the field fairly evenly matched. Whether it's good or bad can be argued.
    Whatever the case, it's not the manufacturers fault they have built a better car but the sport may want to keep the big picture in mind with the regulations.

  2. #2272
    Senior Member MrJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    8,079
    Like
    27
    Liked 325 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    While you are 100% right, it still gets awful boring if the cars always finish in the same order.
    I wouldn't say it's boring (Estering had plenty of action with the same winner), but completely agree that the last two seasons haven't been as exciting as previous years....but it's probably still my favourite motorsport. I still get annoyed when people make out like it's the fault of the dominant team for being dominant though.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

  3. Likes: Alpha (28th October 2018)
  4. #2273
    Senior Member skarderud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lillehammer
    Posts
    796
    Like
    613
    Liked 236 Times in 112 Posts
    Some swedish media says Hansen try to take the cars home and run it like before. It's also says it's a possibillity Loeb doing WRX with them.
    Probably wait for some official news.


    No, WRX don't even reach WRC to it's knees, it's same sort of boring like when the Loeb citröen era.

    Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

    KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

  5. Likes: Rally Power (20th October 2018)
  6. #2274
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,999
    Like
    1,999
    Liked 4,618 Times in 2,445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Some swedish media says Hansen try to take the cars home and run it like before. It's also says it's a possibility Loeb doing WRX with them.
    Probably wait for some official news.
    Thanks. What I said / hoped.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

  7. #2275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,872
    Like
    35
    Liked 110 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Actually it makes perfect sense. They’ll launch the new 208 road car earlier next year (probably in Geneve Motor Show) and it’ll include an EV version. With sales starting during 2019 second quarter, the 2020 WRX season would still be a viable timing to promote the new model. Waiting for 2021 seems far less interesting and the lack of a proper number of competitors in the eWRX probably also helped Peugeot pulling out.

    Besides, while eWRX is looking to become a fiasco, the new Le Mans hybrid Hypercar rules (ready in December) are attracting a huge number of manus and its running costs will apparently get way lower than initially expected. Who knows, maybe Peugeot is changing their focus to LM/WEC 2020, starting ASAP a full scale LM Hypercar project. Fingers crossed!
    But then the real question would be, are they really that invested in electric cars?! Peugeot boss has openly said on twitter they will focus Peugeot on plug-in hybrid sportscars, and for me that is not an electric car, even if the PR departments try to pass them as such. In that case maybe WEC makes more sense.

  8. #2276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tholt-Y-Will
    Posts
    4,531
    Like
    1,035
    Liked 524 Times in 297 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Exactly right. Makes me smile when people complain about manufacturers making a car better than the rest. It isn't the fault of VW that Peugeot and Audi aren't quick enough. If you don't understand that then I'm not sure you understand what the point of sport is.
    Have to agree. It's something that affects motorsport, in particular. And the usual solution is some form of handicapping, BoP, ballast, running order, etc Which is a bad road to go down.

    Oh and Peugeot have history in pulling a programme suddenly...
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  9. #2277
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,098
    Like
    2,541
    Liked 1,817 Times in 843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    But then the real question would be, are they really that invested in electric cars?! Peugeot boss has openly said on twitter they will focus Peugeot on plug-in hybrid sportscars, and for me that is not an electric car, even if the PR departments try to pass them as such. In that case maybe WEC makes more sense.
    The next 208 will have a 100% electric version, using the new E-CMP platform (recently inaugurated in the DS3 Crossback). The ‘electrification’ mentioned by Peugeot CEO is about having Hybrid models but also fully Electric cars; there’s no PR confusion in it.
    Rally addict since 1982

  10. Likes: tomhlord (22nd October 2018)
  11. #2278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,872
    Like
    35
    Liked 110 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    The next 208 will have a 100% electric version, using the new E-CMP platform (recently inaugurated in the DS3 Crossback). The ‘electrification’ mentioned by Peugeot CEO is about having Hybrid models but also fully Electric cars; there’s no PR confusion in it.
    Nobody mentioned some "confusion" about it. The fact is the PR is being deliberately vague with the differentiation between Hybrids and full electrics, hence the term electrification. They know most of their sold cars in the foreseeable future will still have an ICE in them. I understand they will have full EVs in the line up, and for their sake they better sell a few of them (they have to if they want to reach the EU emission targets).

    My point is Peugeot excuse for dropping out is not honest, I very much doubt they would stay even if next year the WRX was already full electric. I think they might have something else up their sleeve, which will be more in line with their catalogue, and I think an Hybrid series (like WEC) would make more sense.

  12. #2279
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,098
    Like
    2,541
    Liked 1,817 Times in 843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    My point is Peugeot excuse for dropping out is not honest, I very much doubt they would stay even if next year the WRX was already full electric. I think they might have something else up their sleeve, which will be more in line with their catalogue, and I think an Hybrid series (like WEC) would make more sense.
    How can you say they’re not being honest? They’ve quit Dakar to enter the WRX, having E-WRX in mind. From the 9 potentially interested manus, only Peugeot and VW were left to support E-WRX. The series delay didn’t help finding new manus and affected Peugeot marketing goals (notably the 208EV promotion). E-WRX future become unpredictable and investing millions in such a project was no longer reasonable. Those are plain facts and quite valid reasons to pull out.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 21st October 2018 at 14:49.
    Rally addict since 1982

  13. Likes: tomhlord (22nd October 2018)
  14. #2280
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    Posts
    404
    Like
    220
    Liked 90 Times in 56 Posts
    Meanwhile in FRX, Antoine Masse has clinched the title..

    BTW, I've asking GRE about the YT channel, and they just said that all races will be broadcasted on Eurosport Player instead..

    Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •