Page 191 of 277 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2762
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Got back from Spain late last night, so only just got round to catching up on the forum! Real mix of conditions over the two days, wet and incredibly slippery loose surface on Saturday versus a dry and fast track on Sunday.

Very tough call for the officials with regards to the incident in the final. Ekstrom was marginally ahead, but I personally think he was too pushy: Solberg had the inside line and was travelling at roughly the same speed, but Ekstrom put his car inside the white lines, so he must have known that any car inside of him was being forced well over them.

That said, I think it was a poor bit of track design and I am honestly surprised that there wasn't more then one car that collected that tyre barrier. Solberg was dominant for a large portion of the weekend and he at least deserved a podium, was a real shame to see his weekend end like that. He gave the Polo a damn good thrashing in the final though!

Fantastic drive from Nitiss in the European Championship. My first impression was that Marklund was going to be the pace setter again, but Nitiss was great in the wet on Saturday afternoon and again in the dry on Sunday.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

2. Likes: pantealex (18th April 2018)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Apparently the dates for GRC have now disappeared, maybe they killed the championship quicker than we thought?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    It's dead for the year if not completely. Subaru jumped to the competing America Rallycross Championship like they bailed on Rally America a few years ago to go with the new American Rally Association.

Subaru's been doing very well in the US as their cars are getting bigger and blander. I'm kind of surprised they still bother to focus on sponsoring performance at all, here.

https://jalopnik.com/ugly-lawsuit-do...bal-1825327602

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Apparently the dates for GRC have now disappeared, maybe they killed the championship quicker than we thought?
    GRC has a trail of unpaid bills. No 2018 season. Not looking good for future years.
    Here are links to 2 articles
    http://autoweek.com/article/racing/r...l-unpaid-bills
    https://jalopnik.com/ugly-lawsuit-do...bal-1825327602
    Last edited by KiwiWRCfan; 18th April 2018 at 09:07. Reason: link to second article added
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

6. Likes: NaBUru38 (4th May 2018)
    I am normally very sceptical of Jalopnik articles (especially concerning rallycross) as they tend to be inaccurate and/or based on questionable sources.

Given that seems to be quoting actual legal documents though, that seems pretty damming.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    I am normally very sceptical of Jalopnik articles (especially concerning rallycross) as they tend to be inaccurate and/or based on questionable sources.

Given that seems to be quoting actual legal documents though, that seems pretty damming.
    It's normally a bunch of softball nostalgia and comment seeking articles, but every now and then there's a decently sourced piece.

9. Likes: NaBUru38 (4th May 2018)
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    However I don´t like Petters explanation. Saying he was happy it wasn´t a concrete barrier at the place, says very much how much you need to explain your side of the fault.
    He was visibly shaken after the race, and they did carry quite a bit of speed even into the first corner. Then considering it's only been 7 months since he had to be removed from his car by medical personell and taken to the hospital with broken bones I can understand that he feared the worst when hurtling towards the tires with his wheel turned to the right and his middle pedal to the floor, to no avail. He was looking ahead to the first corner, his braking point and so on, with an S1 right next to him. I guess he didn't consider the possibility of Ekström turning into him and crashing him into the first stationary object along the track. I wouldn't either. Timur maybe, and perhaps Bakkerud, but not Ekström.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    It's dead for the year if not completely. Subaru jumped to the competing America Rallycross Championship like they bailed on Rally America a few years ago to go with the new American Rally Association.
    ..and who would blame them? With only one other team signed up for GRC 2018 and the abondonment of the cars they have invested in, it's only logical to withdraw and go to a series that welcomes them and their machinery with open arms.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    ..and who would blame them? With only one other team signed up for GRC 2018 and the abondonment of the cars they have invested in, it's only logical to withdraw and go to a series that welcomes them and their machinery with open arms.
    I think Subaru also got pretty tired of being run off the track by the GRC owner's son Austin Dyne and always getting away with it
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

From what has been said thus far I think there will be more GRC horror stories coming out over the next few months. It seems the divisions within the series have been growing for some time.