Page 270 of 277 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2763
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Yes! For a while I was kinda "angry" that pastrana choosed to start a new thing that its not popular in america (rallycross - with 2 recent dead championships) instead of just jumping in into the existing short course championships and making it a just one big series again (like pre-2009). Pro4 and Pro2 are easily the coolest things to watch once you know the drivers and all that happens during these championships! Plus theres already lots of gentleman/amateur racers, local tracks, fan base... Having Nitro combining the dying-west and the growing mid-west series in one national series would be amazing IMO. But hey, its not my money haha
    Nitro somewhat bothered me last year as, to me, it wasn't rallycross as the big jumps and nature of the circuits was exactly like short course racing. The fact that some recognised short course layouts were used for the Championship last year irked me even more, especially as those circuits clearly weren't suited for rallycross cars and a lot of cars got badly damaged last season.

I was a huge fan of LORRS/CORRS and would love to have seen Pastrana put his weight behind that to resurrect it (and potentially move it forward with the electric FC1-X), but perhaps "rallycross" was a more marketable sport to go with. As you say, short course racing already has a foothold in the US and I think would be easier to pick up local interest with, though of course it would mean little to a lot of the international audience.

Rallycross doesn't have a great track record in the US - and obviously the previous management is a major factor there - Nitro certainly seems to have some experience behind it, but I am unsure if can got the distance at the moment. Time will tell.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

2. Likes: lmmjvss (14th July 2022)
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    World RX finally starts this weekend with the new all-electric era...

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/w...ay-next-month/

Live launch event...

https://youtu.be/IlfkNQ4P7eI

I am never going to love them as much as the combustion engine cars, but I must admit I am pretty intrigued to see how they perform this weekend.

For the sake of the Championship I hope they are reliable and we get some good racing.

#M-SPORTER

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    New electrical cars with old model body shapes, LOL

Where is that "Lancia" team ?

Entries has Seat so at least it is missing
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Apparently the only "new" car is the KMS' Polo..

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

9. Likes: pantealex (13th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    Apparently the only "new" car is the KMS' Polo..
    Based on a Polo R5...

Also funny how the Hansen (Peugeot) and Gronholm (Hyundai) cars dont have any badges on the front.
    #M-SPORTER

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    New electrical cars with old model body shapes, LOL
    Makes sense really. Teams are facing a steep learning curve with the new powerplant. Use a chassis that you know well and you are already going to have a huge amount of data to work with for suspension, weight distribution etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Where is that "Lancia" team ?
    Still building their cars. Not entirely sure who is constructing the race cars and if that is the same workshop responsible for the road car production as well. Believe they are still looking to have a car out on track this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC
    Also funny how the Hansen (Peugeot) and Gronholm (Hyundai) cars dont have any badges on the front.
    Make sure those manufacturers come back and commit if they want their badges back on the cars!

On the whole I thought it was a pretty positive debut. RX1e cars seemed reliable and, although they aren't shattering records yet, the pace was almost equal to the RX1 from the outset despite the minimal amount of testing. The electric cars are never going to appeal to me as much as the combustion Supercars, but the racing was pretty close at times.

I actually quite enjoyed the Super Pole session, but the rest of the new format is not winning me over at all. I personally think it was a huge mistake to make such sweeping changes the same year as the electric transition. Nick really doesn't seem to be improving with his commentary either, hoped he would settle in after the first year, but his commentary is still riddled with errors.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Hmmmm I liked the eRX1 cars tbh. The lack of sound is not a problem to me... Tho RX Supercars are the 2nd greatest sound in motorsport IMO, just after old 90's CART V8 2.5L Turbo engines haha. But it was just fine. The racing was pretty good, as always in RX. The big turn off for me was the lack of entries... But about THE CARS, I felt "more at home" with these than with the NitroRX SUVS, which I also enjoy, just to be clear.

In the end, I think the best thing they should do is to just end this "World Championship" idea and just run a huge 12 round EuroRX with supercars, eRX1, the Projekt-E and the Panthera cars from Titans RX. THAT would be amazing.

Im not so sure the eRX1 will attract many brands and teams. That means no money too, so the promoter may jump out. GmbH is quitting other sports like crazy (UCI MTB, Crahsed Ice, Air Race, Pro Motocross in US, it looks they are leaving Japanese series in 2024...) I enjoyed the cars and I think most of the fans who were pissed about this are kinda OK with that right now, but Im not sure this is going to survive many years.... So ehh... whatever. I'll be watching but not expecting much.

13. Likes: tbtstt (18th August 2022)