Page 221 of 277 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2762
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Entertaining stuff, lots of bumper car action but that's what we expect from Buxtehude isn't it? Funny how Timmy is complaining about other drivers being aggressive, then takes two penalties in two meetings. Didn't seem to be as easy for JK, most of the other races this year have seemed like done deals but pace seems to be much closer.

On another note, interesting to hear Coley say that they'll go up Eau Rouge and back down again...hope it doesn't mean some crappy hairpin at the top a la COTA/Istanbul/Hockenheim/Catalunya etc.
    It was a lot of action, but that first corner makes it more like a lottery than a race. The joker is also an issue. Since the exit speed is low, it's best to take it on the last lap, otherwise you'll loose time. Combined with a very short joker it doesn't give any room to advance on joker strategy either. The drivers can only hope that the guy ahead makes a mistake which allows them to pass. Otherwise the result is pretty much the same as the order out of turn 1, lap 1. And that turn is again a lottery so...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Otherwise the result is pretty much the same as the order out of turn 1, lap 1. And that turn is again a lottery so...
    We actually saw quite a bit more action after T1 in this race than a lot of other races this season, so I'm not sure that's completely true. E.G Bakkerud led the final (think it might have been the first attempt) on the first lap but JK put it up the inside. Timur made a pass in Q4 I think, Gronholm got by Solberg in the final etc. compare it to even Hell and I think there was more overtaking at Estering.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    On another note, interesting to hear Coley say that they'll go up Eau Rouge and back down again...hope it doesn't mean some crappy hairpin at the top a la COTA/Istanbul/Hockenheim/Catalunya etc.
    That sounds awful! At Spa they at least have a chance to make a track with proper gravel sections in natural environment, like a proper RX track. But I'm not surprised that they'll screw it up.

It was a lot of action, but that first corner makes it more like a lottery than a race. The joker is also an issue. Since the exit speed is low, it's best to take it on the last lap, otherwise you'll loose time. Combined with a very short joker it doesn't give any room to advance on joker strategy either. The drivers can only hope that the guy ahead makes a mistake which allows them to pass. Otherwise the result is pretty much the same as the order out of turn 1, lap 1. And that turn is again a lottery so...
    I agree that the last lap joker advantage is an issue, other than that. I don't see that the first corner is a lottery, it's more than possible to go in first, and come out first. That there are less joker strategy isn't all bad either. Nice to have some almost old, proper RX

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Each driver can only use two engines during a season. Petter blew an engine at Höljes earlier this year. If this is another failed engine he will be opening a third engine for this season which means 15 points are removed and he has no chance to get silver in the championship. Hell, he'll be battling with Timmy for 6th.
    I knew about the two engine restriction, but I forgot Petter blew an engine at Holjes! Yeah, as you say, if he has to go to a third engine then his bid for second is surely over.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Peugeot have pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Peugeot have pulled the plug.
    How strange, I thought Peugeot Sport looked well committed to World Rallycross, why the sudden change in heart?

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    How strange, I thought Peugeot Sport looked well committed to World Rallycross, why the sudden change in heart?
    They want to be seen as electric pioneers and the series planned on being all electric for 2019, but then did a U-turn.
    Probably doesn't help that the Polo is way ahead and that the series has hit a wall in terms of excitement (all the cars are to efficient and therefore the racing is too 'neat').

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Peugeot Sport quits WRX at the end of 2018 ► http://bit.ly/2NNVG3P

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    They want to be seen as electric pioneers and the series planned on being all electric for 2019, but then did a U-turn.
    The switch to electric was planned for 2020 and has only been deferred by a year (for now). Has that extra year forced them away?

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    The switch to electric was planned for 2020 and has only been deferred by a year (for now). Has that extra year forced them away?
    Sorry - yeah... I was a year out. Reading between the lines, i'm not sure there is enough certainty that the change will happen and when, so I guess that's enough for PMC to say goodbye.