Page 176 of 209 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2082
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,347 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Electric may be the future but I dont see it carrying over the current fans in numbers. Or if it does they wont love it like they have the petrol series.

Kids dont love cars and driving these days and I dont see silent cars doing anything to attract them to motorsport.

2. Likes: pantealex (1st February 2018)
    Liked 159 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I'm affraid if we they go all electric the tracks with less infrastructure and capasity like Höljes would be dropped, because it takes quite a lot to charge 40 cars all weekend i would believe
    Actually not sure if they would dare to remove Höljes and Loheac from the calendar, those are by far the most popular events. I think the promoter would rather spend some extra money helping out with the charging process at Höljes than getting rid of the festival it has become. After all, the festival-style is what they are aiming for with each RX-Event.

Liked 59 Times in 28 Posts
    Formula E is nothing.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I'm affraid if we they go all electric the tracks with less infrastructure and capasity like Höljes would be dropped, because it takes quite a lot to charge 40 cars all weekend i would believe
    Mobile generators?

they wont love it like they have the petrol series.

How do you know this already?

Or are you just basing your assumptions on your personal feelings?

Which rallycross tracks have you spectated at Eddie?

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,347 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Croft, Lydden Hill and Pembrey.

Liked 90 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    OFF TOPIC: Ignoring the argument about electric, I would urge you get to a European round(s) if you can. Far better spectacle and atmosphere than circuits in the UK!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

8. Likes: A FONDO (1st February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    OFF TOPIC: Ignoring the argument about electric, I would urge you get to a European round(s) if you can. Far better spectacle and atmosphere than circuits in the UK!

Not so sure pal, Lydden is excellent, Brands (unfortunately, used to be) incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Then you'll know, Eddie, that the only time you really get a sense of the noise, is when they leave the start. I get what you are saying about the younger generation not being into cars though... that's probably going to be the biggest challenge for motor sport to overcome, regardless of the type of vehicle racing.

Liked 90 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Not so sure pal, Lydden is excellent, Brands (unfortunately, used to be) incredible.
    Lydden is excellent, it's by far the best of the UK circuits that I have been to and the viewing from around the circuit is excellent...

...but the atmosphere and crowd participation at events in Europe is vastly superior to the UK (plus entry is a lot cheaper as well). I would like to do one (or both) of the Northern European rounds in the next couple of years, as I imagine the atmosphere is even still better at those.

I was told by an old rallycross fan a few years ago that spectating in Europe was a much better experience. I wasn't convinced at first but I'm bloody glad I listened to him now, as he was spot on!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Lydden is excellent, it's by far the best of the UK circuits that I have been to and the viewing from around the circuit is excellent...

...but the atmosphere and crowd participation at events in Europe is vastly superior to the UK (plus entry is a lot cheaper as well). I would like to do one (or both) of the Northern European rounds in the next couple of years, as I imagine the atmosphere is even still better at those.

I was told by an old rallycross fan a few years ago that spectating in Europe was a much better experience. I wasn't convinced at first but I'm bloody glad I listened to him now, as he was spot on!
    I must admit, from an atmosphere point-of-view, I went to a circuit in Belgium years ago (an old go-kart track - tiny place) and it was superb! The Euro's certainly know how to enjoy a good rallycross day out.