Page 211 of 277 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2763
    Liked 9,331 Times in 4,952 Posts
    @Andrew_Coley:
    Doing some @FIAWorldRX stats today; 5 minutes in and noticed @LiamDoran33 produced the highest qualifying position for @GCKRX so far this year...on his first outing in the car, and first world event in 2 years.

#Q6 #Boom #P2inQ3 🇬🇧💣

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    @Andrew_Coley:
    Doing some @FIAWorldRX stats today; 5 minutes in and noticed @LiamDoran33 produced the highest qualifying position for @GCKRX so far this year...on his first outing in the car, and first world event in 2 years.

#Q6 #Boom #P2inQ3 ������
    Damn how awful it was to listen to the races with Doran. For an international feed the commentators should absolutely be as neutral as possible.

In other news though, WRX may soon be history, more manufacturers are needed.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    could Peugeot leave WRX too?
    https://www.diariomotor.com/competic...u-implicacion/

Is the Manufacturer's bubble exploding? hehe
    WEC, WTCC and DTM lost big names already.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Liam announced for Latvia, which will no doubt disappoint the organisers for the Watergate Bay hill climb who were probably stoked with the coup of him entering the RS200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 9,331 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Damn how awful it was to listen to the races with Doran. For an international feed the commentators should absolutely be as neutral as possible.

Any driver returning to the series and showing decent speed would attract similar coverage.

If Doran was really slow he wouldnt get a mention.

7. Likes: pantealex (11th September 2018)
    Looking forward to this weekend. Never been to Latvia before and there from Thursday evening to Tuesday so have a bit of time to wander around Riga (not sure how much there is to do though, a mate googled it and number 4 on the list was 'feed the ducks').

Racing will hopefully be good again, Liam will no doubt be a liability and there's a big EuroRX field as well. Not sure whether my mates are going to be into it though, none of them are really into motorsport. One of them watches a bit of F1 and we went to Monza before, but definitely not on the borderline obsessive fan that I am.

9. Likes: the sniper (11th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Any driver returning to the series and showing decent speed would attract similar coverage.

If Doran was really slow he wouldnt get a mention.

Not the mentions, I am all for giving people up and down the field some proper mentions and time, that only increases the value of participation - which is needed now, the field can shrink quite a bit again for next year.
    But, like Coley said himself "I am supposed to be neutral, but..." - he wasn't.

I like Coley's style, it's clear that he's got his favourites but to me that's just him being a big fan. Not only that but what Liam did was deserving of being mentioned, the move from 5th to 1st in qualifying was a move that should be raved about. I don't think it's different to how he raves about Loeb or will shout things like "yes, Timmy! Full gas" or "go on Timur!!" Why try and neutralise that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I like Coley's style, it's clear that he's got his favourites but to me that's just him being a big fan. Not only that but what Liam did was deserving of being mentioned, the move from 5th to 1st in qualifying was a move that should be raved about. I don't think it's different to how he raves about Loeb or will shout things like "yes, Timmy! Full gas" or "go on Timur!!" Why try and neutralise that?
    Because that's a heat of the moment shout-cheer. Not "because it is driver X". Again he said it himself that he wasn't neutral - that is my issue.
    And yes, that race was bloody awesome!