Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
the FIA will not allow a rival series to develop to the point where it can rival the designated World Championship, unless the FIA are unhappy with the existing World Championship.
Not sure I agree with this. Technically (as you say) a rivalling series can not be names "world championship".
However there is nothing stopping a rivalling series naming themselves "Global RallyX series".
I have a hard time seeing that FIM would have the legal right to forbid another series.

I know of at least similar cases, one being the BSI/FIM vs. One Sport/Fim-Europe.
The first pair is trying to prevent riders from riding in both but since most of the riders is EU citizens
and all except one of the races (3 out of 4) is in the European Union, I don't think it is legal.
The matter have yet to be decided mainly because FIM constantly is going back and forward
with the matter. First saying they will impose a ban on riders who do both then backing
from that statement saying that riders will will able to both and now again they have decided
that riders should not be allowed to do both.

The other case is between Swedish Car sports federation (SBF) and Swedish Authority konkurrensverket.

SBF tried to ban it's licensed members and volunteers from participating in events organized by
rivalling motorsport federation Motorsportalliansen. This ultimately went to court and the matter was
eventually decided by Marknadsdomstolen which ruled that any form of ban on the drivers or
any form of "loyalty" clauses connected to heavy fines if violated, were not legal meaning that
the drivers are free to drive for whoever/wherever/whenever they want.