Page 204 of 277 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2762
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Curious to see how eWRX will evolve. For now it’s amazing how fast the changes were decided and how easily manus accepted the use of a common chassis; like in Formula E, it seems it’s more about marketing and getting ASAP into EV’s hysteria than really trying to improve the sport.

Btw, Loehac organizer is one of the few standing against eWRC; according to him, with eWRX replacing WRX, Rallycross is in danger: https://www.autohebdo.fr/autres-cour...er-196666.html
    Rally addict since 1982

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Curious to see how eWRX will evolve. For now it’s amazing how fast the changes were decided and how easily manus accepted the use of a common chassis; like in Formula E, it seems it’s more about marketing and getting ASAP into EV’s hysteria than really trying to improve the sport.

Btw, Loehac organizer is one of the few standing against eWRC; according to him, with eWRX replacing WRX, Rallycross is in danger: https://www.autohebdo.fr/autres-cour...er-196666.html
    Only Loheac or French in general..?

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I think he's referring to the sport in general, however people have to ask themselves whether the whole sport is in danger as a result of eRX, or just the WRX. In that article he complains about electric, but also that privateers are driven out by the high cost as a result of having manufacturers involved.

Surely if that's the case then having the manufacturers focus on eRX is a good thing? They can go and do that while all the privateer teams (Munnich, DA, probably OMSE, Pucher etc.) can have a championship more like European Rallycross used to be. Difficulty will be getting a promoter.

Interesting that people like circuit owners are speaking out against WRX/IMG, according to the Albatec website "average reach across all platforms per event rising from 430,000 in 2013 to 6.7 million in 2014 and live event attendance was another success story with a 130% increase in fans attending races in 2014." so places like Loheac have almost certainly benefitted, if only in the short term.

http://albatecracing.com/?page_id=10
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I think he's referring to the sport in general, however people have to ask themselves whether the whole sport is in danger as a result of eRX, or just the WRX. In that article he complains about electric, but also that privateers are driven out by the high cost as a result of having manufacturers involved.

Surely if that's the case then having the manufacturers focus on eRX is a good thing? They can go and do that while all the privateer teams (Munnich, DA, probably OMSE, Pucher etc.) can have a championship more like European Rallycross used to be. Difficulty will be getting a promoter.

Interesting that people like circuit owners are speaking out against WRX/IMG, according to the Albatec website "average reach across all platforms per event rising from 430,000 in 2013 to 6.7 million in 2014 and live event attendance was another success story with a 130% increase in fans attending races in 2014." so places like Loheac have almost certainly benefitted, if only in the short term.

http://albatecracing.com/?page_id=10
    He mostly complains about events organizers not being listen about eWRX sudden introduction (it was supposed to be a step by step process) and the lack of future for private teams in it, like you've mentioned.
    Rally addict since 1982

I hate to say this, but apparently, GRC's YouTube channel has been deleted..

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    I hate to say this, but apparently, GRC's YouTube channel has been deleted..

Mate... "GRC" has been deleted hehe

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    With the eWRX becoming a playground for the manufacturers, I just hope the EuroRX get back to its original place u'know? +20 Privateers, 8 or 9 tracks per year... Places like Lydden Hill, Loheac, Valkenswaard, Nyirad, that track in Austria. Poland, Czech Rep, Estering (who is probably leaving in 2019 - heard something on twitter)

#MakeEUROrxGreatAgain HAHAHAH

e-WRX will be postponed until 2021..

9. Likes: pantealex (16th August 2018),Rally Power (17th August 2018)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    e-WRX will be postponed until 2021..
    And now the OMSE Civic has been homologated for FIA so can be used in WRX and ARX.

Real shame if Estering goes, it's one of the best events on the calendar. I even overhead a rumour that Holjes is going after 2019 but I find that hard to believe given it's probably the best attended event of the season. Love the idea of EuroRX not being a support series and having a complete different list of tracks that are more traditional. Lets be honest, most of us would rather see Lydden instead of Silverstone or COTA...although Franciacorta was an entertaining track.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    FIA World Rallycross Championship to postpone introduction of electric cars until 2021 to give manufacturers optimal time to develop their plans.

Full Story ➡️ https://t.co/mj6KyhEKzh