Page 224 of 277 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2762
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    No, they have openly stated it's because of the delay in the introduction of electric rallycross.
    And you really believe that.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    I hope GCK get some Renault funding to plug the Peugeot gap.
    At least something has happened, as it has gone from being a GCK Megane, to a Renault Megane, and they have actual Renault branding on the car.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    And you really believe that.
    Actually it makes perfect sense. They’ll launch the new 208 road car earlier next year (probably in Geneve Motor Show) and it’ll include an EV version. With sales starting during 2019 second quarter, the 2020 WRX season would still be a viable timing to promote the new model. Waiting for 2021 seems far less interesting and the lack of a proper number of competitors in the eWRX probably also helped Peugeot pulling out.

Besides, while eWRX is looking to become a fiasco, the new Le Mans hybrid Hypercar rules (ready in December) are attracting a huge number of manus and its running costs will apparently get way lower than initially expected. Who knows, maybe Peugeot is changing their focus to LM/WEC 2020, starting ASAP a full scale LM Hypercar project. Fingers crossed!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Exactly right. Makes me smile when people complain about manufacturers making a car better than the rest. It isn't the fault of VW that Peugeot and Audi aren't quick enough. If you don't understand that then I'm not sure you understand what the point of sport is.
    While you are 100% right, it still gets awful boring if the cars always finish in the same order.
    It's up to the rules to try and make a level field so the racing is interesting. There will always be teams with more skill and resources and if they do their job right, they can dominate. There have been many examples of this in the past which brought about things like penalty weight, etc to try and keep the field fairly evenly matched. Whether it's good or bad can be argued.
    Whatever the case, it's not the manufacturers fault they have built a better car but the sport may want to keep the big picture in mind with the regulations.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    While you are 100% right, it still gets awful boring if the cars always finish in the same order.
    I wouldn't say it's boring (Estering had plenty of action with the same winner), but completely agree that the last two seasons haven't been as exciting as previous years....but it's probably still my favourite motorsport. I still get annoyed when people make out like it's the fault of the dominant team for being dominant though.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

6. Likes: Alpha (28th October 2018)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Some swedish media says Hansen try to take the cars home and run it like before. It's also says it's a possibillity Loeb doing WRX with them.
    Probably wait for some official news.

No, WRX don't even reach WRC to it's knees, it's same sort of boring like when the Loeb citröen era.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

8. Likes: Rally Power (20th October 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Some swedish media says Hansen try to take the cars home and run it like before. It's also says it's a possibility Loeb doing WRX with them.
    Probably wait for some official news.
    Thanks. What I said / hoped.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Actually it makes perfect sense. They’ll launch the new 208 road car earlier next year (probably in Geneve Motor Show) and it’ll include an EV version. With sales starting during 2019 second quarter, the 2020 WRX season would still be a viable timing to promote the new model. Waiting for 2021 seems far less interesting and the lack of a proper number of competitors in the eWRX probably also helped Peugeot pulling out.

Besides, while eWRX is looking to become a fiasco, the new Le Mans hybrid Hypercar rules (ready in December) are attracting a huge number of manus and its running costs will apparently get way lower than initially expected. Who knows, maybe Peugeot is changing their focus to LM/WEC 2020, starting ASAP a full scale LM Hypercar project. Fingers crossed!
    But then the real question would be, are they really that invested in electric cars?! Peugeot boss has openly said on twitter they will focus Peugeot on plug-in hybrid sportscars, and for me that is not an electric car, even if the PR departments try to pass them as such. In that case maybe WEC makes more sense.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Exactly right. Makes me smile when people complain about manufacturers making a car better than the rest. It isn't the fault of VW that Peugeot and Audi aren't quick enough. If you don't understand that then I'm not sure you understand what the point of sport is.
    Have to agree. It's something that affects motorsport, in particular. And the usual solution is some form of handicapping, BoP, ballast, running order, etc Which is a bad road to go down.

Oh and Peugeot have history in pulling a programme suddenly...

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    But then the real question would be, are they really that invested in electric cars?! Peugeot boss has openly said on twitter they will focus Peugeot on plug-in hybrid sportscars, and for me that is not an electric car, even if the PR departments try to pass them as such. In that case maybe WEC makes more sense.
    The next 208 will have a 100% electric version, using the new E-CMP platform (recently inaugurated in the DS3 Crossback). The ‘electrification’ mentioned by Peugeot CEO is about having Hybrid models but also fully Electric cars; there’s no PR confusion in it.
    Rally addict since 1982

13. Likes: tomhlord (22nd October 2018)