Page 177 of 277 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2762
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    We know we have to get away from fossil fuels but why has everything to be battery powered? I was born and raised in one country with one of the top 4 reserves of lithium in our planet, and I surely dont want to see all of that land turn into huge holes.

Why arent more sports investing in other alternatives such as algae biofuel, something which Mazda is currently developing. Or even hydrogen combustion?

Petrol and diesel are things of the past, however the passion and excitment we all feel from cars looks and sounds are far from dead. We can move motorsport into a much cleaner and future proof formula without killing the excitement.

Is Formula E sucessfull?! What do you mean sucessfull?! I have been to two Formula E races and the stands are never full (even if they are much smaller than normal). They are promoting FE by spending thousands to have movie celebs and twitter warriors promoting the races but that hasn't been doing good for them in a while.
    Last edited by Francis44; 8th February 2018 at 15:24.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    We know we have to get away from fossil fuels but why has everything to be battery powered? I was born and raised in one country with one of the top 4 reserves of lithium in our planet, and I surely dont want to see all of that land turn into huge holes.

Why arent more sports investing in other alternatives such as algae biofuel, something which Mazda is currently developing. Or even hydrogen combustion?

Petrol and diesel are things of the past, however the passion and excitment we all feel from cars looks and sounds are far from dead. We can move motorsport into a much cleaner and future proof formula without killing the excitement.

Is Formula E sucessfull?! What do you mean sucessfull?! I have been to two Formula E races and the stands are never full (even if they are much smaller than normal). They are promoting FE by spending thousands to have movie celebs and twitter warriors promoting the races but that hasn't been doing good for them in a while.
    Argentina?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Argentina?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    No, from a small country in Europe, Portugal.

Infact I just checked, we've gone from top 4 to top 6, my bad .

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    GRC have announced that the season finale will be at Lydden this year (last weekend of October). The 70 foot jump (which I assume is bigger than the normal Lydden one) sounds like a gimmick...but surely it can't be worse that Speedmachine?! And it's only £55 for weekend ticket with camping, which is considerably cheaper.

http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...season-finale/
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Will see how the GRC entry is shaping up. Could be tempted. Might be a bit chilly in the tent at the end of October though.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post

Wishful thinking on the bio-fuel. Seems the decision has been made to go electric by the car makers and motorsport will go the same way to 'promote' it.

Us dinosaurs will have to settle for RX Retro and Historic Rally which should still be ok to compete like they have always done.... and they will probably the get bigger crowds and better competition.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    GRC have announced that the season finale will be at Lydden this year (last weekend of October). The 70 foot jump (which I assume is bigger than the normal Lydden one) sounds like a gimmick...but surely it can't be worse that Speedmachine?! And it's only £55 for weekend ticket with camping, which is considerably cheaper.

http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...season-finale/
    Well I joked about it and hoped it might happen, but very surprised to actually see it confirmed!

The press releases seem to imply that they will have the 70 foot jump there, which I am very curious about. I wonder if it might be on the straight between the exit of Chessons and the turn in for the Elbow (that would be well placed right in front of the crowd line) but that might be a bit tight in terms of space for a bail out route. Perhaps leading off the chicane and onto the infield?

The ticket price is perhaps a bit steep, but if they can attract some decent UK/European entrants I think that will justify the entry cost. If they are going to market it as a UK/Europe Vs. USA race, then the presence of some of the European Championship regulars is vital.

I will be booking a hotel for the Saturday night this evening!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Us dinosaurs will have to settle for RX Retro and Historic Rally which should still be ok to compete like they have always done.... and they will probably the get bigger crowds and better competition.
    Or you can just watch the supercar class of World RX, which IMG have said will continue alongside the electric class.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    The ticket price is perhaps a bit steep
    It's on par with what World RX was, which I thought was amazing value. Given that a forest pass on Rally GB is £30 and you only get to see 2 stages, I'd say it's pretty good, although I'll wait to see what the entry is like before bothering. The advantage of Lydden before was that it was on bank holiday, so getting back to Devon late wasn't an issue because I didn't need to be at work in the morning.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Or you can just watch the supercar class of World RX, which IMG have said will continue alongside the electric class.
    Like there be any manu. interesed in competing. Just privateers and then next year it will be abandoned.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Supercars were much more popular and competition higher without manufactures millions and modified top cars from other series.

11. Likes: pantealex (14th February 2018)