Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
I must admit, from an atmosphere point-of-view, I went to a circuit in Belgium years ago (an old go-kart track - tiny place) and it was superb! The Euro's certainly know how to enjoy a good rallycross day out.
Maasmechelen? Yeah, I have done Mettet for the last three years and the Belgium crowd really get into it! Lydden has the best choice of viewpoints of any circuit I have been to, but it isn't the most technical track. The gradually shrinking loose sections aren't great either. That said I will still be at every rallycross event there this year!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
BTW as I understand it the 'main' championship will be RXE, but I suspect that one of the support races will basically be Supercars (most likely the European champs will remain that way for longer).
Yeah, that's how I understand it as well. As I said in my previous post, if they implement it sensibly, they should be able to please everyone.

I'm planning to try either Hell, Loheac or Latvia this season. I have zero desire to show any support for 'Speedmachine' and will probably head to Santa Pod that weekend for drag racing instead.
I am planning to do Barcelona, Mettet and Loheac again. I have been looking at Hell as its a much easier event to get to than Holjes. Riga is a very easy one to fly into as well, as I understand the circuit is close to the airport.

I am intending to go to Silverstone for the British Championship round (and potentially the GRC if the rumours are to be believed) but, like you, "Speedmachine" is not part of my plans for 2018 at the moment.

Btw what have we got confirmed for this year?

VW - Johan & Petter
EKS - Ekstrom & Bakkerud
MJP - 2 cars?
Chicherit
Peugeot (still not confirmed if with Hansen but Loeb probably involved?)
So far I have counted:

GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - Guerlain Chicherit (Confirmed World RX)
GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - ? (Confirmed World RX)
Peugeot Sport? - Peugeot 208 - Sebastien Loeb (Confirmed World RX, team car numbers and team name unknown)
EKS RX - Audi S1? - Mattias Ekstrom (Confirmed World RX)
EKS RX - Audi S1? - Andreas Bakkerud (Confirmed World RX)
PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Johan Kristoffersson (Likely World RX, no official confirmation)
PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Petter Solberg? (Likely World RX, no official confirmation yet)
Comtoyou Racing - Audi S1 - ? (Confirmed World RX)
Comtoyou Racing - Audi S1 - ? (Confirmed World RX)
Gronhom RX - Hyundai i20 - ? (Probably World RX)
Gronhom RX - Hyundai i20 - ? (Probably World RX)
MJP Racing - Ford Fiesta - ? (Probably World RX, team car numbers unknown)

Xite Racing - Ford Fiesta - Oliver Bennett (Confirmed selected World RX)

G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - Jere Kalliokoski (Confirmed Euro RX)
G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - ? (Confirmed Euro RX)