Page 201 of 218 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2176
  1. #2001
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    185
    Like
    7
    Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Nice shots! Interesting to see that Liam was entered into ARX, is he doing the whole series or just the UK event? If it's the latter then I wonder why he didn't enter WRX?
    Cheers!

    According to this article...

    https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...ue-liam-doran/

    ...he entry was a "favour for IMG", so I guess he was there to bulk the numbers up for the inaugural ARX round. He does state later in the article though that he would consider a full ARX campaign if he can get some sponsors onboard.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

  2. #2002
    Senior Member MrJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    8,042
    Like
    25
    Liked 301 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Cheers!

    According to this article...

    https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...ue-liam-doran/

    ...he entry was a "favour for IMG", so I guess he was there to bulk the numbers up for the inaugural ARX round. He does state later in the article though that he would consider a full ARX campaign if he can get some sponsors onboard.
    How many drivers were entered? Looks like 10, including Liam, so understandable that IMG were keen to get someone. Can't see the series working if they insist it runs in the UK and the US (and only a handful of dates in the US), cost of transporting a car over is going to really restrict who's willing to play.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

  3. #2003
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    185
    Like
    7
    Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    How many drivers were entered? Looks like 10, including Liam, so understandable that IMG were keen to get someone. Can't see the series working if they insist it runs in the UK and the US (and only a handful of dates in the US), cost of transporting a car over is going to really restrict who's willing to play.
    Yeah, there were 10 cars entered (two Andretti Beetles, three Vermont WRX STI, two Munnich Ibiza, Liam in a DS3, Phillipe Maloigne in a G-FORS Clio and Andy Scott in an Albatec 208). Of those the Beetles and Subaru's will definitely be at the other three rounds, with Liam a maybe at the moment.

    The only other drivers confirmed to enter are Ken Block and Steve Arpin, who will be using the Hoonigan Racing Focus RS RX. Arpin was testing the Focus last week and both cars should be ready for Round 2.

    Round two will be at the Circuit of the Americas at some point in July, with Round three at Trois-Rivieres (Canada) in August and Round 4 back at the Circuit of the Americas in September. Rounds three and four both tie in with World Championship events.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

  4. #2004
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    19,143
    Like
    6,077
    Liked 9,039 Times in 4,148 Posts
    Planetemarcus



    @planetemarcus
    #WRX That’s it ... Official news : FIA voted for World Rallycross Championship move to electric technology for 2020 season

  5. #2005
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    2,293
    Like
    8,020
    Liked 855 Times in 424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Planetemarcus



    @planetemarcus
    #WRX That’s it ... Official news : FIA voted for World Rallycross Championship move to electric technology for 2020 season
    With single suppliers:
    Williams-Battery
    Oreca-Chassis

    Open also for privateer teams. Letīs see are factory teams even interested with this single supply system.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  6. #2006
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    185
    Like
    7
    Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    With single suppliers:
    Williams-Battery
    Oreca-Chassis

    Open also for privateer teams. Letīs see are factory teams even interested with this single supply system.
    At least one manufacturer only got involved this year if the switch to electric was guaranteed. There are nine manufacturers who are expressing serious interest in electric rallycross.

    It is the factory teams who are leading this.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

  7. #2007
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    pussy
    Posts
    552
    Like
    0
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    With single suppliers:
    Williams-Battery
    Oreca-Chassis

    Open also for privateer teams. Letīs see are factory teams even interested with this single supply system.
    A while ago FIA said that 9 manufacturers are highly interested - Audi, VW and Peugeot are one of them.

  8. #2008
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    2,293
    Like
    8,020
    Liked 855 Times in 424 Posts
    I know that manufacturers were very interested but did they know that it will be single supplier series ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  9. #2009
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    pussy
    Posts
    552
    Like
    0
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I know that manufacturers were very interested but did they know that it will be single supplier series ?
    They know probably way ahead of all of us. FIA don't make decision before talking to some of them. It's the money they bring into the game and all the way if they are not interested they probably wouldn't bother to push this thing forward.

  10. Likes: pantealex (8th June 2018)
  11. #2010
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    248
    Like
    0
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Do you guys know the European AutoCross championship? Im from south america, so its kinda like a new discovery for me. Im completely sold on this series! Watch this....
    just Wait till the end.. haha Trust me
    https://www.facebook.com/AtrumaCilts...5085821298137/

    These SuperBuggy are 4wd. IDK if they are as fast as a supercar or a rxlites car, but its pretty awesome IMO. And they are all very "amateur", kinda like the old EuroRX. The amateur videos from the teams, drivers and public have always a great "atmosphere".
    Lots of different engines too. VW, Ford, Alfa, Porsche, BMW, Skoda, Suzuki... Theres even a V8 competing!
    Anyway. Not the topic of this thread, but Im really excited about this series. Nitiss was present during this last round in Latvia. It'd be interesting if there was more investment on this series.. but not that much haha if u know what I mean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •