Page 215 of 218 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2178
  1. #2141
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,737
    Like
    1,950
    Liked 4,452 Times in 2,376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Damn how awful it was to listen to the races with Doran. For an international feed the commentators should absolutely be as neutral as possible.

    .
    Any driver returning to the series and showing decent speed would attract similar coverage.

    If Doran was really slow he wouldnt get a mention.

  2. Likes: pantealex (11th September 2018)
  3. #2142
    Senior Member MrJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    8,047
    Like
    25
    Liked 303 Times in 184 Posts
    Looking forward to this weekend. Never been to Latvia before and there from Thursday evening to Tuesday so have a bit of time to wander around Riga (not sure how much there is to do though, a mate googled it and number 4 on the list was 'feed the ducks').

    Racing will hopefully be good again, Liam will no doubt be a liability and there's a big EuroRX field as well. Not sure whether my mates are going to be into it though, none of them are really into motorsport. One of them watches a bit of F1 and we went to Monza before, but definitely not on the borderline obsessive fan that I am.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

  4. Likes: the sniper (11th September 2018)
  5. #2143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    190
    Like
    48
    Liked 160 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Any driver returning to the series and showing decent speed would attract similar coverage.

    If Doran was really slow he wouldnt get a mention.

    Not the mentions, I am all for giving people up and down the field some proper mentions and time, that only increases the value of participation - which is needed now, the field can shrink quite a bit again for next year.
    But, like Coley said himself "I am supposed to be neutral, but..." - he wasn't.

  6. #2144
    Senior Member MrJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    8,047
    Like
    25
    Liked 303 Times in 184 Posts
    I like Coley's style, it's clear that he's got his favourites but to me that's just him being a big fan. Not only that but what Liam did was deserving of being mentioned, the move from 5th to 1st in qualifying was a move that should be raved about. I don't think it's different to how he raves about Loeb or will shout things like "yes, Timmy! Full gas" or "go on Timur!!" Why try and neutralise that?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

  7. #2145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    190
    Like
    48
    Liked 160 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I like Coley's style, it's clear that he's got his favourites but to me that's just him being a big fan. Not only that but what Liam did was deserving of being mentioned, the move from 5th to 1st in qualifying was a move that should be raved about. I don't think it's different to how he raves about Loeb or will shout things like "yes, Timmy! Full gas" or "go on Timur!!" Why try and neutralise that?
    Because that's a heat of the moment shout-cheer. Not "because it is driver X". Again he said it himself that he wasn't neutral - that is my issue.
    And yes, that race was bloody awesome!

  8. #2146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    185
    Like
    7
    Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
    Uploaded some pictures from Loheac this morning, few of my faves:



    Not unusual to see six cars together in a rallycross final, but pretty cool to see them so close at the end of the race.









    Lots more shots here:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57701279078175

    For any of you who might be interested!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

  9. Likes: gorganl2000 (13th September 2018)
  10. #2147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    190
    Like
    48
    Liked 160 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

    Lots more shots here:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57701279078175

    For any of you who might be interested!
    Mark Rennison and Matti Alamäki cars. I like it. Would've been awesome to have them appear as well, not only Rob Gibson!

  11. #2148
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Croydon
    Posts
    185
    Like
    7
    Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Mark Rennison and Matti Alamäki cars. I like it. Would've been awesome to have them appear as well, not only Rob Gibson!
    They aren't the original Rennison/Alamaki cars; both are recently built and wearing original liveries, they looked great on track! The RS200 is an LD Motorsport built car owned by Steve Harris, I believe the 205 T16 is a Vaison build, not sure who owns it.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

  12. #2149

  13. #2150
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,737
    Like
    1,950
    Liked 4,452 Times in 2,376 Posts
    Johan-K showing his class again in Latvia, Q1 & Q2 winner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •