Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WALES RALLY GB 2014

HI EVERYONE I am just fishing around for a bit of news on the 2014 route/areas for stages .coming over from Ireland a group of us so trying to sort accomadation before the the cheaper places are booked out.AND QUIET A FEW ARE BOOKED ALLREADY!!! looking at 2013 map Dolgellau looks to be a good central location .and some places already booked out there .but no point booking until we know areas being used .any help would be grateful
    thanks all

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts

Re: WALES RALLY GB 2014

I can't claim to have any level of inside knowledge on the event but given the success we saw last year I really can't see too much changing.

A good base last year should be a good one this year. We stayed in Dolgellau last year and it was as good as anywhere I'd say. Thanks for the heads up I've just jumped on a room for November. The place we were last year only had doubles left, but by in large these are only small places with limited options.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ya we hope its north/mid wales again.its handy to get the boat in hollyhead back home.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

herd today it will have some new stages but it will be similar route to last year..whats people opinions on last years rally

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Why change a successful formula?
    It is likely that the crowds may be even bigger with 2 Brits in top WRCars. So you would think there would be more & bigger car parks. Not sure if it's possible, but I really think they could do with bringing back the Epynt stages; you can get massive amount of spectators in there.
    I also believe that IMS want a waiver from the FiA to run the popular Thursday night stages again. Let's hope they're successful.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts

Agreed AndyRAC - bring back the Epynt stages, run Halfway and Crychan and there is loads of places to park and no chance of getting stuck in the mud or anything like that! Loads of viewing areas too - none that are very good so need to wander but the new people there will be happy with it!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ya I never taught of that.there will be a lot bigger number of spectators with evans in a wrc car and I would think there will be a massive amount of spectators coming over from Ireland.so carparks and spectator access will be under pressure !

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts

I did hear a rumour last year that the Pantperthog stage is due to make a return this year. So you'd have a loop of Dyfi, Pantperthog and Gartheiniog.
    They definitely need to sort out the parking issues for this year though as it's going to be crazy.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts

I did wonder why Pantperthog wasn't used last year?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Epynt stages would be good, not only because it's top class rally territory but also because it's closer to me!
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.