Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
On the other hand I would bet Mikkelsen won't continue in VW if he doesn't improve reasonably. For some reason it looks like he stopped progressing two or three years back.
He was very disappointing on Monte but I thought last year he showed a mature and reliable performance generally. I just hope he ups the speed this year...

But I also want to add that I don't think VW respect the importance of the co-driver enough. Splitting up Mikelssen and Floene, who had driven together for years with success probably set Andreas back a bit and I doubt it helped Hanninen on his Focus outings last year either.

I think we can see how important this relationship is from how angry Kubica was about losing Baran before Rally GB last year. Also recently we can see that Neuville is doing a little better with Gilsoul, I think Nagle will be better at keeping Meeke "under control" and I think Kopecky stepped up a gear with Dresler by his side too.

Anyway, we had better get this thread back on topic before we get a bollocking from AFF