Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

Re: Current standard of WRC drivers 2014 season

[quote=A.F.F.][quote="N.O.T":2340vk6s]
    Quote Originally Posted by "A.F.F.":2340vk6s
    Who is that Grönholm and what do he know about WRC anyway?
    apparently nothing about driving talent... maybe Loeb beat his ability to judge out of him apart from his spirit...[/quote:2340vk6s]

Mr.Mousefart is desperately trying to pick a fight. You're adorable.[/quote:2340vk6s]

why you say that ?? Gronholm was ecstatic about Kubica on snow... yet he managed to be both slow and reckless...

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts

You must have in mind that it was way two different circumstances between test and the rally itself. I believe the difference is that big so you could compare it to dry gravel and wet gravel.
    Grönholm evaluated Kubica out of test, not the competition in the coming rally, I would say.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

My thoughts after the two events:

Ogier: inthe league of his own. Nobody can challenge him on speed
    Latvala: playing second violin. Was gifted the win in Sweden. Has shown more cinsistancy, so 2nd in the championship and maybe another win if Ogier gets into problems in some other event.
    Mikkelsen: seeden was the event everyone expected him to fast. Now needs to show similar fight innother events
    Meeke: more mature than before, will get more podiums
    Östberg: steady, not blindingly fast. Consistant points for Citroen, maybe a few podiums
    Hirvonen: lost case, will be taking 5-6th positions for most of the year, maybe a lucky podium in a rough rally if others have trouble
    Evans: learning year, but I expect him to be more Matt Wilson 2 than anything else
    Neuville: tries to go as fast as the car allows him to, many retirements due to new car, but impressive stage times and hopefully a few good results
    Sordo: a good no 2 in the events he will do, will collect some points. Looked more confortable in the Huynday than in Citroen
    Hänninen. Same as Sordo, but needs more fast tumes if he wants to get a seat for 2015
    Kubica: when he starts to understand pacenotes better, he will be fast and surprise many. A podium on tarmac possible allready this year
    Tänak: allways strong in sweden, other rallies will show if he has matured and can maintain speed throughout a rally. Good to learn in WRC 2 with less pressu
    Tidemand: also a learning year in WRC 2 is needed,then show if he got it in WRC
    Breen: hard to say, Sweden was not the one anyone expected him to shinw, although he git a lot of KM's in similar conditions in Liepaja. That in ind, very lame. But hope to see him again to judge better

That was the "regulars", a few notes on the "visitors"

Bouffier: was great in Monte, pity didn't see much what he could have donw in Liepaja. Hope he gets more events on WRC, he has the potential to surprise many
    H. Solberg: a good run from an "old" man, hope he is back in 2015 Rally Sweden

I might have forgotten someone, but I'm old too

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

Bring Loeb back . Current WRC level is just too low for his class
    On the serious note, I think we can make more accurate assestemnets after Rally Portugal. Monte, Sweden, Mexico are just too specific to judge overall. Hyunday are still in development phase, one think is certain - Ogier again is the benchmark everyone else must aim. Some might say he makes too much mistakes, it is ok when you win the Rallies, well in Sweden it is difficult to make serious progress after a mistake, times are just too close and you can't really make some advantage of tyre choice, we saw that in Monte Carlo though - mistake with the tyres can be overcome with some measured risks.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    You must have in mind that it was way two different circumstances between test and the rally itself. I believe the difference is that big so you could compare it to dry gravel and wet gravel.
    Grönholm evaluated Kubica out of test, not the competition in the coming rally, I would say.
    What different circumstance do you mean? Snow in test vs slush/gravel in rally or the fact that he knows the road by heart during the test and he can go over the limit, something he cannot do in the rally?

He start proving that his ability were overrated by many (me included) so far

Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan
    What different circumstance do you mean? Snow in test vs slush/gravel in rally or the fact that he knows the road by heart during the test and he can go over the limit, something he cannot do in the rally?

You might be nordic? I dont know. If you aren´t you cant judge one snowy condition from another. Put in speed and you´re far from expert.
    I know difference. And it´s huge.

You might be nordic? I dont know. If you aren´t you cant judge one snowy condition from another. Put in speed and you´re far from expert.
    I know difference. And it´s huge.
    You missed my point there. I was just asking you whether by your initial statement you meant the
    1)differences in road conditions between test (he tested in more proper winter rally conditions) and the rally with the gravel coming through
    or
    2) that during a test he really learns the road ahead and finds where the grip is and he can really push, something he cannot do during the rally.

Anyway, I believe this is his biggest problem is his inability at the moment to read the road and push without mistakes. Also it can be seen from test videos he is way more aggressive than other drivers and he is on the limit with perfect braking and lines. But in the rally itself this is far from true, many times he takes weird lines because of small mistakes. As a circuit driver he still has the need to learn the road 100% for the perfect run IMO

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

Anyway, I believe this is his biggest problem is his inability at the moment to read the road and push without mistakes. Also it can be seen from test videos he is way more aggressive than other drivers and he is on the limit with perfect braking and lines. But in the rally itself this is far from true, many times he takes weird lines because of small mistakes. As a circuit driver he still has the need to learn the road 100% for the perfect run IMO
    Very true
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Both.
    Are you from Finland?
    The last comment I also agree, but have in mind test and race was two different things, having in mind when you judge.

Are you from Finland?
    No, Im not Nordic far from it, from Cyprus