Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts

Re: DMACK Fiesta Cup

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex
    all cars will be new, no old academy cars
    Are you really sure?
    nothing is sure before we see the cars live.

but that is what I read and it was specially mentioned that "no academy cars"
    I don´t remember the source

Question: In- or Outside WRC3?
    with WRC3 status starting positions are much better. (all P3 drivers every day before non priority drivers) but R3 cars are much fasters, so not good publicity.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 61 Times in 35 Posts

Re: DMACK Fiesta Cup

From DMACK Facebook page:

Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy Extended With New Shoot-Out Prize

Following the over-subscription of the recently announced Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy, M-Sport and DMACK are offering an additional prize incentive to allow more drivers to compete alongside the series using Ford Fiesta R2 cars equipped with DMACK tyres.

There are a number of drivers who have been unable to secure a place in the 2014 Trophy or who would like to get experience of WRC events without committing to the full championship.

To cope with this demand, M-Sport and DMACK have created the Drive DMACK Fiesta Shoot-Out where competitors can take advantage of an affordable entry and tyre package at a subsidised rate. Drivers and teams will then be able to enter one or more of the five rounds of the Trophy in their own cars with their own team and compete alongside the championship regulars to judge their pace and gain vital experience.

Drivers will be able to take advantage of the latest generation DMACK tyres at the discounted on-event rate of €140 +vat.

At the end of each counting event, the highest finishing driver, who hasn’t been previously nominated, will go forward to the next step of the process. Once all five events have been finished and five drivers nominated, DMACK and M-Sport will then appoint up to three additional ‘wild-card’ nominations – drivers who have impressed over the course of the season but through misfortune or bad luck been unable to achieve nomination from one of the events.

The selected drivers will then be invited to M-Sport to attend an evaluation day where they will be interviewed and assessed by a panel of experts. One driver will be selected and they will win the chance to compete on one round of the 2015 FIA World Rally Championship in a Ford Fiesta R5 as part of the Drive DMACK team.

Crucially, drivers taking up this initiative will not affect the points scoring competitors in the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy.

With the Fiesta R2 conversion kit costing just £22,450 +vat and donor cars available all over Europe, the opportunity to compete at WRC level and pitch yourself against some of the brightest talents in global rallying just got easier.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “We want to try and accommodate as many drivers as possible and, by introducing the Shoot-Out, we are offering more flexibility for other crews. The Trophy is now positioned as an affordable platform for drivers aspiring to compete at WRC level and this move will open up the opportunity to more competitors while still offering a high-value prize drive.”

Malcolm Wilson OBE, M-Sport managing director, said: “The response to the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy has been incredible and it is very disappointing that we cannot accommodate all those that registered, but this hopefully will encourage more people to try WRC events on DMACK tyres and make sure they are fully prepared for future seasons.”

For more information on the Drive DMACK Fiesta Shoot-Out – please contact Andrew Wheatley – awheatley@m-sport.co.uk.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    What are the reports from the drivers on the 1.0 turbo engine vs the 1,6 NA?
    Are they generally happy with the new one?

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    What are the reports from the drivers on the 1.0 turbo engine vs the 1,6 NA?
    Are they generally happy with the new one?
    Power: 180 PS @ 6,500 rpm.
    Torque: 250 Nm @ 3,500 rpm.
    1030 kgs

What's not to like..
    And its only USD 200,000 for 5 events including 12,500 held on account for damage deposit
    And a little 30-50 thousnad to get to the events and food and hotels..

What's not to like?
    We should all sign up

(elsewhere in the world I am getting called bad names because I have dared to question how big a deal it is that the American boy "had a great result finishing 4th!" and I point out it is 4th but over 23minutes behind the leader and 19 minutes behind the next guy--is that "impressive"?)

What is the point of spending a quarter million dollars to play around and finish essentially the next day?

Seriously how is that viewed over there?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 61 Times in 35 Posts
    Any news about this year's contenders?
    I read Jon Armstrong. Who else?

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Have heard that son of Henning Solberg ---> Oscar Solberg will drive

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Osian Pryce should be in line for one of the drives - and probably an early title favourite. Dmack actually have to select the drivers but I'd be amazed if Armstrong, Solberg and Pryce didn't get entries.

Shouldn't be too long until we find out.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    No Dutch guys this year.
    Gus Greensmith will drive again I think, looks like he will be with Alex Gelsomino

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Osian Pryce should be in line for one of the drives - and probably an early title favourite. Dmack actually have to select the drivers but I'd be amazed if Armstrong, Solberg and Pryce didn't get entries.

Shouldn't be too long until we find out.
    Why DMack will select the drivers? Is the interest so high?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis View Post
    Why DMack will select the drivers? Is the interest so high?
    Don't know exactly how many interested drivers they get each year. I think because you're basically buying an arrive-and-drive deal that Dmack/M-Sport have a process to ensure they get credible entrants. I think that's why anyway.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia