Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Um, Luka's got a point...

I'm not a fan of the Gent, however I feel he may have a big point in this.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111960

Discuss...

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Re: Um, Luka's got a point...

The simulators will not go away even with limited testing. After all, the drivers will never be allowed to test their cars on the actual GP circuits. The simulators are not test the cars. They're meant to gain familiarity with the race track.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

What I want to know is; why did he use the term "soccer"? Dude must be transfixed on the U.S. market
    May the forza be with you

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    The simulators are not test the cars. They're meant to gain familiarity with the race track.
    You'de be surprised how good some of the racing video games are. Even the old Grand Prix Legends was very close to spot on for a lot of tracks. I'm sure the F1 simulators are mind blowing, but you are right that the cars probably drive a lot differently in real life.

It's also hard to believe that Ferrari never slips in a test at Fiorano either.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

So Luca thinks Red Bull have a better simulator than him

I guess it would be fair to swap simulators for testing if the teams that don't have their own test track get a $5m higher budget cap to compensate; I wonder what Luca would think of that idea.

I think the development of simulator technology has a lot more potential application to road car production than doing a million laps of Fiorano in an F1 car.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

None of this doesn't mean I wouldn't take the Ferrari simulator and put it in my garage if given the chance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    The simulators will not go away even with limited testing. After all, the drivers will never be allowed to test their cars on the actual GP circuits. The simulators are not test the cars. They're meant to gain familiarity with the race track.
    I think there is more to it than that. During the "spy scandal" McLaren were using Ferrari weight distribution data (amongst other data) in their simulator to understand how the Ferrari car differed from theirs.
    \"My rights, my integrity, my very being as a car manufacturer, as an entrepreneur, as the leader of the Ferrari works team, simply cannot work under the enormous machine, the suffocating bureaucracy, of the Ford Motor Company.\"-Enzo Ferrari 1963

Nigel Mansell: Enzo\'s last first choice!