Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Black Rhino Hunt

A North Texas man who paid $350,000 for the right to hunt an endangered African black rhino said he's had to hire full-time security due to death threats after his name was leaked onto the Internet.

I think it would be cool to get a bunch of snipers together and see if they can get a kill shot on him in 3 miles. !!!! Set the Record!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Black Rhino Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    A North Texas man who paid $350,000 for the right to hunt an endangered African black rhino said he's had to hire full-time security due to death threats after his name was leaked onto the Internet.

I think it would be cool to get a bunch of snipers together and see if they can get a kill shot on him in 3 miles. !!!! Set the Record!
    I agree. Takes some shooting skills to shoot a Rhino since they are usually grazing and not chasing after idiotic humans who try to get too close.
    Reminds me of "you couldn't hit a barn door".

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roamy

There should be severe punishment for anyone caught killing off protected species for any reason. Whether for sport, (supposed) medicine or trophies, those animals, once gone, aren't coming back. The poachers on the other hand are pretty plentiful and the world won't miss a few of them.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts

I totally agree.

There was some country who tried a "Shoot poachers on sight" policy. It woked - but the human rights lobby put an end to it.

But, in fairness, if you are living at subsistence level, poaching offers a better income than scratching a living on marginal farming land.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts

I hope all he gets is rhino's horn up his a$$

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Arm the rhinos .

Actually , just thinking about it , you could .
    With a tracking device on the animal , would it be a good use of some kind of drone circling overhead , ready to either alert authorities , photograph the perpetrators , or even deal with potential poachers right at that moment from afar ?

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

I think it would be acceptable to kill a Black Rhino if.................you somehow got stuck in an African environment with no electronic communication devices, you were starving to death, and without any other food source.
    However you could only use weapons that you fashioned from the environment and shaped with nothing more than a sharp rock.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

He's from Texas, probably doesn't know what a Rhino is. Are we sure he isn't expecting to hunt a wino?

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    He's from Texas, probably doesn't know what a Rhino is. Are we sure he isn't expecting to hunt a wino?
    You obviously don't understand that there is a huge industry of hunting exotics in Texas. These guys pay big dinero to hunt at some of the places, and they are damn serious about this "recreation" and that perplexes me. Then again if you are absurdly rich and enjoy killing exotics on private property than all you have to do is check out the options you can find on following link:
    https://www.google.com/#q=hunting+exoti ... s+in+texas
    http://www.texasexotichunting.net/africangame.html
    May the forza be with you

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

United in diversity !!!