Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    I hope more success to next month Pirelli International Rally

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quite amazing to be honest... BRC had few good years with FWD cars, young fast drivers both in R2 and R3. Now suddenly nothing...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    The BRC is a sick dog championship now.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    This makes for an interesting read: http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/t...ender_2014.pdf

Page 2, point xi in particular

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    With the BTCC and British GT looking in rude health; the BRC is the poor man of British Motorsport. A real shame - but I don't know what the answer is.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack4688` View Post
    This makes for an interesting read: http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/t...ender_2014.pdf

Page 2, point xi in particular
    In short: "HELP!!!"
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Whatever the full solution is I think it should start with a better TV deal and general promotion - I can't ever remember BRC being mentioned on autosport.com...

Without decent TV coverage sponsors won't be interested and neither will manufacturers (whether works teams would be a good idea is another thing, I'd just personally love to see official R5 Fords, Peugeots, Skodas & Citroens competing against each other) and I would guess the events themselves would benefit from the increased coverage too.

Unfortunately it's a viscous cycle as the TV deal probably can't happen without a strong enough championship to show - someone's going to have to take a punt and commit to it. Personally I think a TV channel would be more open to it if the championship was under new management rather than the current promoters who seem to be doing a pretty poor job of it.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    The sad fact is that people aren't interested enough in rallying to watch it on TV...at least not enough to count. People get out on the stages often enough but Tv lacks the excitement. Circuit racing on the other hand makes sense, people can see who wins and you have drama of close racing (sometimes). It's why I believe that Rallycross has the potential to be big business, get enough star names (with Jacques Villeneuve doing it this year it's certainly a start) 600bhp cars and short races and it really should be popular...plus you have sponsors like Monster already involved.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Honestly, how many people would watch R2 cars on live TV show? Hardcore fans sure but the rest of the crowd? Hardly anybody unless it's some celebrities driving. In my opinion the way out is only with more spectacular and more expensive cars. Look at MSA events. There are plenty of drivers who can afford WRC cars. Make them invest in BRC and part of Your problem is solved. The promoter must work as a good businessman. Why the hell they drive some "village" events and not my "bestofall" championship? What do I do wrong?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    The sad fact is that people aren't interested enough in rallying to watch it on TV...at least not enough to count. People get out on the stages often enough but Tv lacks the excitement. Circuit racing on the other hand makes sense, people can see who wins and you have drama of close racing (sometimes). It's why I believe that Rallycross has the potential to be big business, get enough star names (with Jacques Villeneuve doing it this year it's certainly a start) 600bhp cars and short races and it really should be popular...plus you have sponsors like Monster already involved.
    Look at how popular rallycross used to be when the BBC showed it in the 1980s. Helped enormously by Murray Walker, it was hugely popular. Remember that the Grand Prix at Brands was a major annual 'Grandstand' event! Make the sport look a bit more professional and it'll be a big player, I'm certain.