Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

Re: Formula 1 season finale to be worth double points from 2

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears
    Already finalised. Another awful decision from the F1 brains trust.
    Hmm. You're implying that brains are involved?

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts

This has to be the stupidest rule in motorsports

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

We're going to the circus, we're going to the circus, we're............................................. ................
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

My question is why?
    If they are that desperate to liven it up with gimmicks like this, there are deeper problems. F1 has suffered massively in the last year in terms of interest and they think putting stupid bonus points at the end of the season is going to make more fans watch and make drivers race for a bigger prize? It may also award the championship to a less deserving driver so could make a total farce of the season. We don't need F1 to be more diluted and forced than it already is.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

I can see it now...

Vettel trails Alonso by 47 points going into the final race of the 2014 Championship at Abu Dhabi. Alonso has an engine failure, Vettel wins and therefore collects 50 points and becomes champion....AGAIN.

This is the worst rule change in the history of F1. Period.

A point for pole, and a point for fastest lap - would have been a much better idea.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    I can see it now...

Vettel trails Alonso by 47 points going into the final race of the 2014 Championship at Abu Dhabi. Alonso has an engine failure, Vettel wins and therefore collects 50 points and becomes champion....AGAIN.

A point for pole, and a point for fastest lap - would have been a much better idea.
    I totally agree.
    If that were to happen, many fans would switch off. They really are killing the sport further with rubbish like this. With the sport slowly disappearing onto pay TV and stupid rules being introduced, it'll be a miracle if F1 is even taken remotely seriously as a sport in 10 years time.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Here's an idea for keeping people watching to the end of the season. Finish the season at a great historic circuit, so fans will want to watch the race whether it's the title decider or not. Bernie can have that one for free.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    I can see it now...

Where can I give you "Like" here?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a great idea....

NOT!
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

I presume the FIA have been playing Mario Kart for too long? The more I think about it, the more farcical a decision this is.

When will the FIA realize that there is not actually too much wrong with F1, just Red Bull are doing a much better job than anywhere else. Trying to falsely slow them down, or keep the championship "open" for longer, will just make the whole circus look stupid.

We already have new regulations for 2014 - why tamper with the points system? Red Bull could be the 3rd or 4th quickest team. If Vettel wins from there, fair and square, then so be it. Its tough - he'll have done the best job! Luck always plays a part, but generally over the course of a season the winner deserves it. 2012 was an anomaly - Alonso drove incredibly well, better than anyone in recent memory, to even have a chance of winning that title. But for him to have won it by some last race double points fiasco would have been wrong.

F1 actually needs to go backwards a few steps. Back to before DRS and crappy Pirelli tyres. KERS is good, keep that in. And just let the guys race flat out. Drivers make mistakes when they are pushed hard. And when we get super-good races, they stand out and we look back and enjoy them. Over the last few seasons, only Canada 2011 stands out on its own to me. Overtaking is too easy now - it should be damned difficult, and then when overtakes happen - you can see the quality. Breezing past another car on a straight isn't really a fun thing to watch.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso