Page 125 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1389
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

Re: Rally Sweden 2014

Quote Originally Posted by wurc
    Quote Originally Posted by mm1
    Mads might have lost the 2nd place because of the F1 driver.
    just imagine that this is last SS and there's a special mechanism that shows split times to the other driver, and imagine that mikkelsen could choose mads 'screaming like a baby if someone is blocking me for a moment' ostberg split times to control his own pace to safely reach the end ? or is it out of your imagination ?
    Östberg lost allot of time yesterday when he was blocked by Kubica. Rather then having a clean line
    he had to drive behind Kubica for several KM which meant that he had to drive slower then
    he normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    Well, I'm not sure who to blame for that, but anyway Mads did't slow much the second time.
    Passing car on the road with spectators around it with such a high speed is plain stupid.
    Somehow I see this Norwegian in different way now.
    How was Mads supposed to know that Kubica's car was blocking the road and id he had slow down
    he woud have lost allot of more time. So I think it's fair to say that Kubica's mistakes cost
    Österberg allot of time and possible the 2nd place.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts

Glad to see JML win and taking advantage of Ogier's mistake. Hope it gives him the confidence to fight for the title.

Also finally a result from Mikkelsen, showing some real speed and agression, at least in the first 2 days.

Ostberg deserves a lot of praise too, getting close to 2nd place and winning the PS while still only on his 2nd event in the DS3.

Disappointing final day for the Brits but a great learning experience for both... and well done to Breen actually beating both of them on his WRC car debut !!
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Congrats Latvala proving that you must finish the rally for win. But, we all know speedwise Ogier was miles ahead him on his favourite rally. So, no boost for his selfconfidence I'm afraid. It is so very rewarding for an athlete to know he is best of the rest

What is more interesting, is that has Ogier's selfconfidence reached the top, finally. Shall he make mistakes more or must he slow the speed a bit in the future?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Good job by Andreas. I was waiting for this rally to see what he can do and he positively surprised me a bit. Östberg also seems to have quite good boogie in Citroen, lets wait for the gravel rallies... Tidemand was much slower compared to last year, a small disappointment. Evans delivered less than I expected as did Hänninen. Tänak did phenominal job, especially on first day.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    Well, I'm not sure who to blame for that, but anyway Mads did't slow much the second time.
    Passing car on the road with spectators around it with such a high speed is plain stupid.
    Somehow I see this Norwegian in different way now.
    How was Mads supposed to know that Kubica's car was blocking the road and id he had slow down
    he woud have lost allot of more time. So I think it's fair to say that Kubica's mistakes cost
    Österberg allot of time and possible the 2nd place.
    You kidding right? When it comes to safety, nothing else matters. Mads had the chance to slow down, and he didn't, and by doing this he almost killed a spectator. No excuses for him in this case.

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts

What a day for Norwegians! 2 podiums in Sweden WRC, 4 podiums in Winter Olympics, including gold for Ole The Great and Marit Bjørgen.
    Congrats!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

I was expecting more from Tidemand too. Suprisingly, Tanäk was the one delivered ops:
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I was expecting more from Tidemand too. Suprisingly, Tanäk was the one delivered ops:
    I must say I was negatively surprised, that Tidemand was all the time slower than Henning...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats to Latvala, Mikkelse, Ostberg and all drivers in the top 10 of Rally Sweden 2014,
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts

I can understand your disappointment for Tidemand. But if you were just a bit more professional in your judgements you wouldn´t say that.
    Many things played a role. He had much testing in totally different conditions in an other car. He then wanted same setup in the car M-Sport delivered and got it, but the very different conditions in RS made his setup not working at all. And everyone driving a rallycar knows what it means when you don´t trust the performance of the car.
    Thus that he´d done a clean run and fighted on. Last leg today he got a rear diff which he might should have had all weekend and the times where far better.
    Remmber this was his second rally in a WRC car.
    As said he didn´t do any mistakes and being 7th in this competition and very difficult rally is something Tidemand did a good job.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...