Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 24 Times in 9 Posts

Rally Sweden 2014

Less then two months to the classic winter rally, the Amazing Rally Sweden!
    With a couple of friends we are planning for the first time a trip to Sweden, hotel already booked in Torsby, but i have a question to the guys that have already seen the race...is it possible to find winter equipment, such as ski suit etc for rental? Or i have to bring with me on the flight? Because that things are quite cumbersome to pack...
    Morever, access roads are all open like in most of European Rallyes, or is it similar to Wales Rally GB, where most of the access roads are closed, except the one choosed from the organisation?

WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts

Re: Rally Sweden 2014

Hi! Third time in a row in Sweden for me.

I've never seen ski suits for rent in Hagfors or in Torsby. But it's not difficult to take your stuff with you in the plane: put on your heaviest shoes, wear your most ample ski vest (or two) on you, you will be able to put it in the overhead bins during the flight. And at the arrival, these are the first things that you will put away in the trunk of your car.

That's the way we do, and we have never had difficulties to take our stuff to Sweden.

Regarding roads to access the special stages, you don't have many choices, because some roads are so narrow that it's one-way only and it is difficult to park your car on the road shoulder in the snow. There are marshalls and cops everywhere. Anyway, the organizer provides parking lots at 3 or 4 spots in every special stages. From there, your are always permitted to walk to another spot.

The best news is that you will be able to see a lot of different special stages (we managed to attend 10 different SS on 11 in 2011, and 12 SS on 13 in 2012). So the rally pass is essential (many marshalls). Plan to have 5 euros (or 50 krones) banknotes for the parking (you cannot do differently).

Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts

Hello all,

This year, will be our third rally of sweden. We are waiting with many nervous the date of the rally!!

Here I leave the links to our videos from the past years.

Any question of stages, please, comment here!

Best regards!!

2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ahDrr6FXs
    2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dlHUriHFSw
    Catalonia

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

Entries are open! @HyundaiWRC was first to enter #RallySweden 2014 with @thierryneuville
    & @JuhoWRC – Who's next? http://www.rallysweden.com/en/tavlingen/anmalda
    https://twitter.com/RallySweden/status/ ... 5644580864

Quote Originally Posted by ruesluporp

Regarding roads to access the special stages, you don't have many choices, because some roads are so narrow that it's one-way only and it is difficult to park your car on the road shoulder in the snow. There are marshalls and cops everywhere. Anyway, the organizer provides parking lots at 3 or 4 spots in every special stages. From there, your are always permitted to walk to another spot.

I so disagree with this. Very few stages actually have proper parkings. Usually "Parking" means
    parking your car at the side of the access road and the walking a looong way to the stage.

From what i can remember, Colin's crest, the finish at Fredriksberg and Ransbysäter got proper parkings.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 24 Times in 9 Posts

Thanks to all, guys!
    One more question...is it possible see many stages during the day? Like in Sardinia or Acropolis for example? On Saturday, is it possible watch the first 10/15 cars on "Lesjofors" and then move to "Rammen"? According to Maps, there are only 20Km...and 2 hours between the stages.
    Anybody did it in the past?

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simorally86
    Thanks to all, guys!
    One more question...is it possible see many stages during the day? Like in Sardinia or Acropolis for example? On Saturday, is it possible watch the first 10/15 cars on "Lesjofors" and then move to "Rammen"? According to Maps, there are only 20Km...and 2 hours between the stages.
    Anybody did it in the past?
    I would say that its not impossible but quite a gamble.

In worst case scenario a big part those two hours will be spent walking from/to stage/car.
    As I mentioned most spectator areas doesn't have a proper parking which means that you could be forced to
    quite long walks. Then there is the matter of driving from where you parked to the next stage.
    The access roads can be many km long and they're usually quite narrow with lots of traffic.

The main roads aren't really that big either.

The snow means that both driving and walking will take longer time then on a non-winter rally.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts

Twitter: Prodrive ?@prodrive 1h
    @RallySweden Yes hopefully should be a MINI or two in Sweden next year.

Good news if this happens. And hopefully it means WRC over S1.6T! Nikara still with Prodrive?

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano

I so disagree with this. Very few stages actually have proper parkings. Usually "Parking" means
    parking your car at the side of the access road and the walking a looong way to the stage.

From what i can remember, Colin's crest, the finish at Fredriksberg and Ransbysäter got proper parkings.
    I think you don't have a good memory!
    In the Rally Magazine 2014 I received Yesterday, everybody would be able to see that the organizer provides a parking at every spectator point they promote (from 2 to 5 at every special stage)!

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruesluporp
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano

I think you don't have a good memory!
    In the Rally Magazine 2014 I received Yesterday, everybody would be able to see that the organizer provides a parking at every spectator point they promote (from 2 to 5 at every special stage)!
    But do they mention what kind of parking? Road side parking or a special area made for parking?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

You wrote :
    But do they mention what kind of parking? Road side parking or a special area made for parking?

It's sometimes a kind of courtyard, or an existing parking lot, or a flat meadow. And you have to pay 50 SEK. I think they would never dare to ask for 50 SEK for parking on a road side...