Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes Cricket

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Re: Ashes Cricket

I keep seeing the odd snippet on the news that we are playing some cricket down under. You'd never know otherwise though as its not on normal TV any more here! Shame as it got so popular again here after 2005. It gets about as much interest as Alpine skiing now.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

I'm a purist and love test cricket, more so than ODI's and T20's. But test cricket is dying a slow death. Let's get real, who has 5 days these days to watch cricket? The world has moved on...
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah , I really only get excited for tests nowadays.

England have looked like such dunces it's impossible to believe that this (barring one or two) is the same side which trounced India 2-1 in India...The same indian side which beat Australia at home 4-0 btw.
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I keep seeing the odd snippet on the news that we are playing some cricket down under. You'd never know otherwise though as its not on normal TV any more here! Shame as it got so popular again here after 2005. It gets about as much interest as Alpine skiing now.
    That's Rupert's fault.

Cricket used to be on the Beeb, then Channel 4 and then Rupert spoiled it all for everyone by sticking it on Sky. Rupert even buggered up the series in India in 2012-13 when his broadcast companies conspired with the BCCI and nearly had it taken off the radio too.

Keep on pulling all the feathers off the chicken Rupert and eventually, the chicken will scream... or die.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    I'm a purist and love test cricket, more so than ODI's and T20's. But test cricket is dying a slow death. Let's get real, who has 5 days these days to watch cricket? The world has moved on...
    I know what you are saying in both cases, for me I follow every moment of every Cricket Match England play on TMS on Radio.

You hear all the action and get entertained for the whole day. As I work outside as a Gardener I can listen to my pocket radio all day. Bliss

One great idea the BBC have had this year is re running the whole day again during our days so I don't miss Ashes matches like I normally would have too.

Even if we are getting smashed.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

I couldn't believe Englands attitude to batting in the two tests so far.

Even this morning with no real chance to save the game. Broad goes for a second 6 in the first over of the day. With the possibility of Rain. It was stupidity. At least play cautiously for a little while to see what the weather might do. If they had lasted the first hour then for example it did rain for 3 hours it would be back on, but instead they get out in 45 minutes smashing it to all parts.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The barmy army is also looking more like the barmy cohort this summer. Bandwagon jumpers?
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Quote Originally Posted by webberf1
    The barmy army is also looking more like the barmy cohort this summer. Bandwagon jumpers?
    Bandwagon jumpers?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bandwagon jumpers?
    The reverse of #3 http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =bandwagon
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Ashes Cricket

Bandwagon jumpers?
    The reverse of #3 http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =bandwagon

I know what the term bang wagon means, just didn't understand your context in relation to my post. Did you mean because England aren't winning people have jumped off the bandwagon? If so I think that's wrong. The reason people aren't watching is because a pay channel has the rights and the audience tuning in is about 150-200k. When the BBC last had the coverage and England were winning lol, it was a healthy following. It obviously doesn't help when the sport is being played down under too because nobody wants to get up in the middle of the night to watch. A series of circumstances has made crickets popularity slump here unfortunately.