Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes Cricket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ashes Cricket

The Australians really did a number on the Poms.

Great bowling by Mitchell Johnson

He bowls to the left , he bowls to the right. This Mitchell Johnson , his bowling's alright.
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Re: Ashes Cricket

Not a thread I wish to post on just now.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

In all seriousness though.

Australia and Johnson are playing well. They deserve nothing less than utter domination.

As for us, well we just gotta try and dig in. As unlikely as that is. We have no other choice. As for the Ashes as a whole. I think this one's gone back down under.

It will be interesting to see if England change things round a bit for future series or whether they stick with some of the older players.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    As for us, well we just gotta try and dig in. As unlikely as that is. We have no other choice. As for the Ashes as a whole. I think this one's gone back down under.
    The chances of England winning the second test at Adelaide is zero.

From their second innings, Australia needed to post just 20 to make England face a record for a successful fourth innings chase. To make England chase more than 500 when this series they haven't even got to 200 is in all honesty, is firstly selecting and the taking Mickey Bliss for the XI.
    I should also point out that in the entire of Ashes history, only one side has even won 3-2 after being 2-0 down; that was Australia in 1936-37 in Australia.

In the words of current Australian Prime Minister and goblin (ex-employee of Gringotts), this series is as good as "dead, buried and cremated"
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

As a member on here used to call certain drivers; England are batting like 'sick dogs'.....

Saying that, they've been on the slide since 2012, and were fortunate to win in the summer 3-0. Only at Lord's were they the far better team. Too many not producing....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

There is a very good chance for England to draw this game: Hire some Aboriginal rain dancers.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't have been more surprised than to see Australia actually playing with some confidence when the Gabba test got going. Seemed alien after so many years in the doldrums. England just straight up need to get their act together. Their batsmen in particular have no excuse to be struggling so badly against pace.

Edit: I'll also add this; Michael Clark is way better as a captain than Ricky Ponting ever was. He's always attacking, leaves the other side guessing, has better instincts, reads the game better, and uses what resources he has (which, lets face it, still aren't THAT amazing compared to yesteryear's players) much more effectively.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    There is a very good chance for England to draw this game: Hire some Aboriginal rain dancers.
    At the beginning of Day 5, it is raining in Adelaide; so maybe there's hope... but if it stops raining, forget it.

The highest successful fourth innings run chase is 418 and England don't look like coming close. They were sent in with the prospect of surviving six sessions and England don't look like coming close.

The ABC's Crystal Ball puts:
    England win - 1%
    Australia win - 92.5%
    Draw - 6.4%

A draw is technically possible I suppose but hoping in that might be like trying to catch the wind with a sieve.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

When Panesar was caught by Rogers at short-cover... England were all out for 312. Australia won by 218 runs.
    At this point England are 2-0 down and I think the best case scenario is a 2-all series draw; at worst is a whitewash.

The difference between Australian fans and English fans though are that the English a predisposed to lose. When England was exceptional crap in the 1990s, we knew the score. Australian fans are entirely fairweather though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Must say the Bruce's have bounced back nicely after their poor performances in Engerland
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.