Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ashes Cricket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Ashes Cricket

Alistair Cook's dismissal this morning said it all. A nothing effort.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    When you compare the two captains , Michael Clarke comes through as decisive, while Cook comes through as a ditherer blessed with interminable conferences to decide Field placements,
    Australian and English cricket cultures are different. Cook doesn't have the advantages Clarke has despite a lot of similarities in their careers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote=journeyman racer]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Valve Bounce":1zotmqyp
    When you compare the two captains , Michael Clarke comes through as decisive, while Cook comes through as a ditherer blessed with interminable conferences to decide Field placements,
    Australian and English cricket cultures are different. Cook doesn't have the advantages Clarke has despite a lot of similarities in their careers.[/quote:1zotmqyp]
    Lame excuses. England has had some very good, perceptive, decisive captains. Cook is not one of them. End of story.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webberf1
    Lame excuses. England has had some very good, perceptive, decisive captains. Cook is not one of them. End of story.
    Well, being a Webber fan, you know everything about making lame excuses. So I have to bow to you expertise in this area.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer
    Well, being a Webber fan, you know everything about making lame excuses. So I have to bow to you expertise in this area.
    Lol. God this forum is so fucking lame at times. Full of whiny people incapable of making proper arguments so they make lame attempts to change the topic and make it personal. You're going down the same shitty track as the likes of spa and daniel there. For the record, I have no problem with admitting Vettel is a far superior driver.

Getting back to Captain Cook. You finished turd polishing yet? Dude's a weak captain, no need to deny it.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Pink Day

Everything is pink today - clothes and decorations. All for the McGrath Breast Cancer Foundation. Very impressive!
    I am also amazed by the bunch called:"Richie Benauds". They all dress up in light cream suits and wear wigs of white hair, and they all carry a microphone. Their numbers increase annually it seems, and when Johnson bowls, they all wave their mikes and yell "JOHNSON! JOHNSON! JOHNSON!" in unison. At last we have something than can completely neutralise the Barmy Army, thank God!! Must be a terrifying ordeal for any batsman to face with Mitchell Johnson bearing down on him.

I don't suppport personal attacks in this forum, and surely with such an interesting subject as the Ashes Cricket in action, there is so much more to discuss. Having said that, I think Stokes and Broad are the only two Poms worth feeding; I'd put the rest of the team on bread and water, and put Anderson in charge of that lot. And I'd make KP clean out the loos.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of captaincy, England's best hope in coming years looks like young Ben Stokes. He's been great. He has the ability, pressure doesn't get to him, he's an attacking player, and seems a decent chap. The one true beacon of light this summer.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of captaincy, England's best hope in coming years looks like young Ben Stokes. He's been great. He has the ability, pressure doesn't get to him, he's an attacking player, and seems a decent chap. The one true beacon of light this summer.
    that's cause he's not english.
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cook's an even more pathetic captain and inept than Dhoni/Misbah/Matthews
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

today's capitulation stunned me. I cannot think how any team would hoist the white flag so readily. I am sure there's no need to pour scorn on this lot of Poms as the UK press will be livid. I will leave the details to them. I missed Botham's comments but will probably read them tomorrow.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout