Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts

Christmas Movies & TV Specials

Now that December has arrived, I thought I'd ask:
    What are your favorite Christmas Movies & TV Specials?

Here's mine: Home Alone & A Charlie Brown Christmas

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Re: Christmas Movies & TV Specials

"Dinner For One". An absolute classic that gets me going every year when I watch it. Brings back fond childhood memories for me
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

I'm gutted Sky Movies have bought the rights to show 'Elf' this Christmas!! That's 20 million children who won't have access to the film if of course they don't already own the DVD lol. Still a shame though as it is a popular Christmas film.

As far as Christmas day is concerned, I have never watched TV. It has always been a rule in our family that the TV doesn't go on at all and its a tradition I will keep with my wife and daughter. For me it a family day and all our entertainment comes from ourselves. We usually have at least 15 people in the house on the day so its never boring. I have never seen a Queen's speech!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Porridge - the film! CH4 or Film4 normally roll it out each December. Only Fools (1996 vintage). Miracle on 34th Street. Santa Clause. Scrooged.

I really enjoyed - oops, I mean my kids really enjoyed, ahem - The Gruffalo The Gruffalo's Child & Room on the Broom . Kids liked Mr Stink and are looking forward to Gangsta Granny!!!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

I'm not really a fan of "generic" x-mas movies, however there is a Finnish movie that is pretty good
    and most definitely something different then most regular x-mas movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401143/combined
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts

Joyeux Noël, a great movie in my opinion, based on a real fact. On Christmas Eve during world War I, the Germans, French, and Scottish soldiers fraternize for just a night on the battle field and get to know the men who live on the opposite side of a brutal war, in what became a true lesson of humanity.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Joyeux Noël, a great movie in my opinion, based on a real fact. On Christmas Eve during world War I, the Germans, French, and Scottish soldiers fraternize for just a night on the battle field and get to know the men who live on the opposite side of a brutal war, in what became a true lesson of humanity.
    They then slept off their hangovers, returned to the front, and continued to slaughter each other for the remainder of the war. Never seen that film, but find the history fascinating.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

'Oh, what a lovely war' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh!_What_a_Lovely_War
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    They then slept off their hangovers, returned to the front, and continued to slaughter each other for the remainder of the war. Never seen that film, but find the history fascinating.
    In the movie it's not like that. You should see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    'Oh, what a lovely war' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh!_What_a_Lovely_War
    I know about it but haven't seen it. Fair to say I'm not a fan of musicals.