Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sad news, Trevor Bayne diagnosed with MS

Just saw this at Jayski's, Trevor Bayne diagnosed with MS. Sad. Here is the link:

Daytona 500 Winner Trevor Bayne Diagnosed with MS: Daytona 500 winner and Roush Fenway Racing (RFR) driver Trevor Bayne has announced that he has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (explanation of MS). Bayne - 22 years old - has undergone extensive testing at the Mayo Clinic and has been cleared by doctors and NASCAR to compete behind the wheel. "I've never been more driven to compete," said Bayne. "My goals are the same as they've been since I started racing. I want to compete at the highest level and I want to win races and championships. I am in the best shape I've ever been in and I feel good," added Bayne. "There are currently no symptoms and I'm committed to continuing to take the best care of my body as possible. I will continue to trust God daily and know that His plan for me is what is best. As for now, I want to close out the season strong this weekend at Homestead and then shift my focus on getting ready to compete for the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) Championship in 2014. I have a great team, a great family and great people all around me. I have been truly blessed in life and I look forward to what my future holds."
    "We are 100% supportive of Trevor and his ability to compete in a race car," said Roush Fenway team owner Jack Roush. "I have full confidence in Trevor and his partners have all expressed that same confidence and support. As with all of our drivers, we look forward to standing behind Trevor and providing him with all of the tools he needs as he continues to develop in his young career."(see full press release at Roush Fenway Racing's website)(11-12-2013)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Sad news, Trevor Bayne diagnosed with MS

One of the nicest persons you'll ever meet...in or out of NASCAR. I wish only the best for Trevor and glad to hear him talk today on the pre-race show that it's not going to change his approach to racing or life!
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Re: Sad news, Trevor Bayne diagnosed with MS

I am floored by this news. My grandfather died from MS. It is such a debilitating disease and it kills you so slowly. I will be praying for Trevor often.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ